Skip to content

Ask an Expert 2002 yamaha fazer 1000 creamy oil Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > 2002 yamaha fazer 1000 creamy oil

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

goldy1976

Jan 11

goldy1976 says:

2002 yamaha fazer 1000 creamy oil

just found creamy oil on the oil filler cap and can see it in the window but nothing on the water filler cap and looks like no water has been lost so this maybe why the fan keeps coming on ???

i have not long  had it serviced

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 March 2013 14:12)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

fazer 1000

Has the oil level increased?

Does the cooling fan go off when put in first gear?

When was the last time the bike had a good run out?

You no answer in your last post!

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

FZS1000

The cooling fan coming on when the bike has been recently started from cold is not a problem.  Mine does and it goes off as soon as first gear is selected.

Milky oil would suggest water ingress but, as Jaffa eluded, it may be a build up of condensation due to little use or short journeys.  Change the oil to be safe, give the bike a decent run and check again.  You don't often get problems with the Fazer Thou as Jaffa and I know well.       

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

milky oil fazer

Short journeys in cold weather. That's the cause. Take it for a good old rag around to get it properly hot.

Reply to this Topic
goldy1976

Jan 11

goldy1976 says:

Fazer

Once again big thank you all :smile .

I took my bike to a excellent motorcycle garage called dave clarks in Oxford and they have confirmed it is a build up condensation :biggrin: .
and I do understand about the condensation in bikes but it was the amount that shocked me . Anyway once again thank you for replying and I am now going to take the long way round to work and back .

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle