Skip to content

General Mallory Park ? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Mallory Park ?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

adaytona

Sep 07

adaytona says:

Mallory Park ?

RIP Mallory Park, now reported in MCN to have been sold to property developers for £8 million. Neighbours complaining about noise from the circuit which has been a circuit since 1955 !!!!! If you don't like noise, don't buy a house near a race track, simples. Piss myself laughing if a prison or something similar is built there, IF its true ?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 March 2013 14:43)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
goldenboyfz1

Dec 07

goldenboyfz1 says:

Hang

According to bikesportnews.com, it is just a rumour at the moment. Chris Meek who owns the circuit is trying to get an agreement with the local council over the amount of active days they an run, due to noise complaints by the neighbours in Kirby Mallory.

The meeting is tomorrow I believe.... If no agreement can be reached, then I guess things will slide rapidly downhill from there :-(

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Wanky

neighbours..

Reminds me of my mate who owns a pub in a small village, gopt a bunch of city folk moved in and have made formal complaints about the farmers using tractors/combines on a sunday waking them up......

cUNTS!!   :upset:

Reply to this Topic
mostlyslowly

Apr 09

mostlyslowly says:

croft circuit

also severely limited by local objectors. very few houses close that i've seen. once the area is completely dead and those employed are on the dole, they'll be moaning cos their council tax has gone up. 

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

750flyer

don't talk about pubs and new neighbours, bit of a sore point with me, that and local councils:upset:

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

Pubs

and Neighbours. humm don't get me started on that one. if you don't like it don't buy a bloody house next to the busiest pub in the city:mad:

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

bit like on the

news the other day a couple who recently moved in to a house next to the church complaining about the bells !!  :blink::blink:

Reply to this Topic
thebigpicture

Apr 11

Mallory

Nothing is definite yet, although I believe an offer has been made. Mallory is slowly declining by the day, the MX track has been closed and things are not looking too good at the moment. I'm there Sunday though for the EMRA meeting, hope to be holding some silverware by the end. 

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

copied and pasted from No Limits trackdays facebook page

News Confirmed; it seems the little guys do have a voice?

It's just been officially confirmed that the opposing residents and council liaison committee have just cancelled the public meeting planned for tomorrow. 
It may just be a stay of execution but as it stands, the battle has been won but the war is far from over! 
I can say the circuit does not want to sell. In fact there grateful for our support and hope we will continue emailing the council opposing any proposed plans that is still pending. We have been in contact with the local residents support committee against the plans. We thank them for there continued support. Also a huge thank you to all you guys and girls out there that has got involved with this. We also ask anybody who has not emailed yet to consider spending a few moments to email there opposition to any plans that effectively makes the track unable to operate with such restrictive conditions. 

Please email steve.atkinson@hinckley-bosworth.gov.uk with your opposition to the effective circuit closure BUT Please keep it polite.

(note) you will get a genetic email response stating "there not planning on forcing the track closure" However pending restrictive measures renders the track unsuitable for motorsports so its a game of words.
Thank you all.

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

and good luck TBP,

hope it goes well for you :smile

Reply to this Topic
AlbertHerring

Nov 09

And fingers crossed

... from the other site users. We run cycling races on Mallory two evenings a week from April to August, it's a key facility for the East Mids region, and where at least one of our current world champions learned her trade. I'll try and point some cycling people in the direction of that link, can't do any harm while we're flavour of the month.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices