You are in... Forums > General > General > Patronising TV presenters

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

Patronising TV presenters

Have you seen Caroline Quentin doing her "Cornwall, I love it" programme ? don't fall for it ! she's not there in the depths of a wet dirty Cornish winter. They must have been there for months to get so many sunny days. I'm not keen on her, I find her tone patronising and twee, she's cherry picked the --- ahem 'Cornish' for the series, all the twee cream tea brigade and faaaarmers, cider makers and the odd fisherman. Lets have an episode filmed entirely in Pengegon council estate or the North Country estate and see if they get out without having half their kit nicked :ph43r:

Lets see a Friday night in Camborne, spot the biggest pavement pizza or spot the sober one with a job amid the dolies and, the Ron Hills with white high heels in the White Hart of a lunch time with the kids in pushchairs.:doubt:

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 March 2013 16:19)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Camborne

Forget Camborne - Helston is the place.  A few beers in the Rodney, then maybe a couple in the Angel and finish in the Blue Anchor.  Can't remeber what they called it but the Blue Anchor used to brew their own.  You had to have had few before hand just to be able to drink the stuff LOL 

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

Spingo !

that's what it's called Marcus and fooking disgusting stuff it is. Brewed on the premises and if you look at the locals who have been going there a while you will see Dawinism first hand !

Helston --- I like Helston but wouldn't live there. TBH I don't want to live in Cornwall again, 28 years of it's unpredictable weather, one  main road in one main road out and when you've ridden it SO many times it becomes tedious. You can branch off onto the A38 then the Torpoint t road to the ferry en route to Plymouth but again you can only do that so many times before it becomes boring. It's 90 odd miles to Exeter via the A30 before there's much chance of any major deviations. Anyway back to thread, the series by Caroline Quentin is misleading, they're pushing the quaintness and twee minority while the majority are poorly paid and it's a pretty depressed area with high unemployment. I know the series is designed to promote Cornwall but truthfully it's not giving the viewers the true situation AND the weather you see on it is not typical of Cornwall overall. I feel the commentary by Quentin is OTT and patronising.

Reply to this Topic
mostlyslowly

Apr 09

mostlyslowly says:

completely agree rog

like Cornwall, and some of quentins work but can't abide her in that. As false as jordans boobs

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

I'd like

Jordan's boobs, if she puts them on Ebay I could possibly bid:smile

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Also

why is it, I fed both mine and mine became invisible and theirs are ginormous??

Reply to this Topic
mostlyslowly

Apr 09

mostlyslowly says:

silicone?

plus baby, if you had boobs that size you would be all disproportioned and unable to stand upright.

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

Edit:

I had a missing T in the header but don't tel ninjachica :wink:

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

mostly

is that your theory??

Then why has my daughter got size 3 feet and is a 38 DD:shock:

Somehow something's not quite right there !!

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

I'm glad someone else noticed Steve

I thought I was being picky for a bit but each episode gives me the shudders.

Now then 'ladies' they there silly coned tiddies baint be nuthin tu do with that there bleddy crayolon qwetin see an anuther thing there baint be nun o they there falsy tiddies in Cornwaaaaall see cuz the bleddy kids et em all see :tongue:

Reply to this Topic
bimmerman

Aug 02

bimmerman says:

I didn't realise...

until I watched that program, that the Cornish accent was so similar to the Home Counties accent :wink:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle