You are in... Forums > General > General > Insurance renewal

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

DrFutura

Apr 07

DrFutura says:

Insurance renewal

Did the search on Comparethemarket. Cheapest was Bennetts at 67 quid + 30 legal (i.e. 97). I am already with bennetts, so phone them for the renewal = 122 quid! WTF? Quizzing the bloke, he said they cannot match that price on renewal, BUT its the same broker. My conclusion; the world has gone bonkers!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 March 2013 17:41)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Insurance Companies

Don't even go there, as far as I'm concerned it's just to make you legal on the road.  Trying to make a claim is a no go area:upset:

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

BB

Totally with you on that one.

It's years since I fell off, but I've never made a claim - don't intend to either!

Edit:  In 33 years, I made 1 claim on my car - and that was after some tw@t caved my door in, when I was a struggling single mum!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
hairybob

Jan 09

hairybob says:

I made a claim

Insurance got loaded for years, they make sure they get the payout back with increased premiums. 

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

insurance....

hmmmm ...what is that.....?

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

on line

quote,1 bike or 1 car or house ins,they have always honoured the online quote,even the mother-in -law car.As said with the same ins company.You should get a quote reference number for the attack.

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Insurance

Just sorted mine.  '05 FZS1000 and '13 R1200RT on a multi-bike policy.  My broker wanted £520.  A little research later I got an Aviva policy through Devitt for £319. 

The worst quote was from MCE - the price was a little under £300 but the excess on the policy was £800!! 

Reply to this Topic
entus

Sep 11

entus says:

DrFutura

Tell them you'd rather go with the next lowest quote and if they try to go back to the original one tell 'em to fuck off. Cheeky fuckers!
I got a renewal quote for my car last year, the company I was with wanted close to a grand so I compared meerkats and things and got it down to about 400 quid, roughly 50 quid less than the previous years cost. Phoned the insurers and told them and they miraculously managed to knock about 500 quid off their renewal quote. Still didn't go back to them but if they'd given me that quote originally I'd have probably stayed with them just because it's less hassle.
Like BB said, it's only there to keep you legal anyway and make them and their solicitor cronies stacks of cash by trading on your misery if you do need to claim.:mad:

Reply to this Topic
DrFutura

Apr 07

DrFutura says:

I will go back to them

but will do it via the meerkats, I'll get the same cover at the lower price, but they will trouser less out of it. It just seems really dumb to me. I might even see if it is still below their enewal quote if I reduce the voluntary excess to zero. Their compulsory excess is 250 and figures above are for a voluntary of 50 quid.

Reply to this Topic
DrFutura

Apr 07

DrFutura says:

So I go back on for the requote

and this time Bennetts have declined to give me a quote. I therefore assume that the guy I spoke to a Bennetts has nobbled the process with Comparethemeerkat so it will not quote for me. So be it, I will take my business elsewhere, now from getting my renewal even via this convoluted (and frankly DAFT) route, they will now get nothing.

Why do insurance companies try such sharp practice? Do they they we are thick?

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

one word.

Yes:blink:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN