Skip to content

Discuss This Suzuki plan five European tests of new 1000 MotoGP bike MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Suzuki plan five European tests of new 1000 MotoGP bike

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Suzuki plan five European tests of new 1000 MotoGP bike

Suzuki plans to pitch its new factory 1000cc MotoGP bike against Honda, Yamaha and Ducati in at least three public tests in Europe in 2013. The Japanese factory will also take part in two private tests this season as it plots a full-time return to the MotoGP world championship with a two-rider effort in 2014. While there is no approval for a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 March 2013 09:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

High hopes

If Suzuki return they will only be able to challenge Ducati as that is were there level is & has always been in Moto GP.As for taking on Honda & Yamaha ! Forget it.They havnt got the budget to get close but Ducati are well within theyre scope if they can secure decent riders.

Personaly I would love to see them return but feel it is a waste of theyre time,effort & money.They will never win a championship or even come close & they know it.It would purely be an exercise in advertising & publicity.

Reply to this Topic
neilf

Aug 02

neilf says:

Lorenzo99

With Stoner riding a Ducati during the same time period I think that your evaluation stands, but compared to the other riders who have tried their luck on the Desmo, the Suzuki team have been better and more consistent, especially after they switched to the 800. Vermin and Hopkins got that thing on the podium more than once (Hopkins finished 4th in the championship in 2007 and Vermin 8th). IF a Japanese companycompany is no better then Ducati, then why bother. I wish them well.

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

Disagree

Budget isn't always everything. suzuki have won several championships in the past,and not always with the most competive bikes. and sometimes a manufactor can come to the game with something nobody else can match( straight away) Ducati 2007 for instance.

There has been a big hole in Motogp since suzuki left, i for one will be glad to see them back regardless of where it is on the grid

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

also disagree

Suzuki Motor Corp is three time the size of Yamaha Motor Co, and they earned double the revenue in 2012. They could certainly out-budget yamaha if they wanted to.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

I am also disagreeing

Suzuki have gone away and might just come back with something that is the next generation of motogp bike. As weskit said they are a massive company so they have the funds to make a good bike. Every one goes on about Audi owning Ducati but on paper it is Lamborghini that actually owns Ducati and there is rumours they only bought them to keep within european emission laws, just like Aston Martin building the Toyota Aygo. If Audi go motogp racing they own the name NSU motorcycles so why not use that. Good luck Suzuki

Reply to this Topic
crawsue

Aug 09

crawsue says:

Perhaps

the most worrying aspect of plans for a Suzuki return is contained in the press release "still not approved at main board level". Seems to me that there is a lack of commitment here...perhaps the worldwide slump in sportbike sales is having a negative effect on the guys with the purse? Now that Dorna control Moto GP and WSBk it might be time to rationalise the 'bikes...GP full prototype but no electronics and strict fuel ammount...WSBk much closer to showroom examples and no homologation specials.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

Wouldn't read too much into the lack of board approval, it might just mean they haven't had a board meeting yet. Doubt the racing division would be this enthused if they hadn't been given some direction from higher up.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Suzuki have a pretty distinguished history and pedigree in the top flight and if they are prepared to fully commit to a minimum of 3 full seasons they should be allowed straight back in. 2 or 3 full factory bikers on the grid would be great. if they are half heartedly putting feelers out and not wanting to comit to Motogp then I can see why Dorna are sending them down the CRT route...but It would be better for Suzuki as a brand to come back in as a full factory. They had a very good 800, not much wrong with that bike - they do know how to build good bikes and they did have a very competent team and crew.

As far as changes and budgets go...why do the bikes have carbon disc brakes (apart from to stop!). Yes its a prototype series but no way on earth will the cost of em ever trickle down to appearing on road bikes. so why keep that huge cost in Motogp?

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

I wonder what effect to revenue been out of Motogp has done to Suzuki? leaving the grid of Motogp might have saved them expense, but has it lost them sales too? Just a thought

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

suzuki back

it will be great to have them back now we just need kawasaki!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices