Skip to content

Discuss This Suzuki plan five European tests of new 1000 MotoGP bike MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Suzuki plan five European tests of new 1000 MotoGP bike

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Suzuki plan five European tests of new 1000 MotoGP bike

Suzuki plans to pitch its new factory 1000cc MotoGP bike against Honda, Yamaha and Ducati in at least three public tests in Europe in 2013. The Japanese factory will also take part in two private tests this season as it plots a full-time return to the MotoGP world championship with a two-rider effort in 2014. While there is no approval for a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 March 2013 09:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CaseyIsGONE

Feb 13

CaseyIsGONE says:

stoner sucks ass

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

Suzuki's statements look a bit worrying actually

Their annual revenue from motorcycle sales compared to Yamaha has been (in US billions) 

Year 2007, 2008 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
Suzuki 5.0, 5.2, 4.5, 2.8, 3.0, 3.2
Yamaha 9.0, 10.0, 8.7, 10.3, 11.1, N/A

So their sales were definitely hit a lot harder that Yamaha's post 2008. No wonder they were looking to cut costs at the time. Guess the question now is whether they want to inject cash from other parts of the business now it seems to be recovering slightly.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

I think Yamaha have a larger range of models to be fair. Moto gp needs Suzuki as there history in the the class is massive. How many bikes are there with lucky strike paint jobs about still?

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Is it worth it ?

Im not nocking Suzuki but is it really worth them spending so much money just to compete with Ducati & Honda / Yamaha satellite squads.Realistically thats the level they will be at.Moto GP is extremly expensive hence the reason Kawasaki & Suzuki pulled out.

The championship will be won by either a factory Honda or Yamaha ! Would any one on this forum bet against that ? I think not.Its a real shame because the championship would be better with both Suzuki & Kawasaki still racing but it is what it is,bloody expensive & dominated by Honda & Yamaha.

Reply to this Topic
mozart

Nov 10

mozart says:

Lorenzo99

Don't forget,

Schwantz won on the RGV when the NSR and YZR were widely regarded as the weapon of choice in GP. who knows, what they could do with the right rider prepared to take a chance?? ( rossi to Yam, part 1 & casey to ducati) people thought they were mad

But then again, what's the point in competition?

They might aswell just pack up, go home and make it a one make, same model series and be done with it eh! That's the spirit of adventure

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Lorenzo #99

I won't bet against your observation re Suzuki. As for them beating Ducati anytime soon. No chance. The general concensus is that Ducati whipped them and Kawasaki by virtue of Stoner. Check out the stats. Suzuki won a single weather afflicted race in the 4 stroke era with a wet weather ace on board. Outside of Stoner's twistgrip, Ducati won 10 or so. 2013 and I will not bet against George either for what its worth.

Reply to this Topic
ptowno

Mar 13

ptowno says:

suzuki 2014

I think hopper will be looking to get one of those seats then ? he usually brings a big money sponser to the table

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

I think hopper will be looking to get one of those seats then ? he usually brings a big money sponser to the table

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shoot me down in flames if you like but what has he done to draw 'big money'? I think the man's great but is he a realistic weapon in drawing corporate cash?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.................................................

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

If Suzuki

want to come back it's imperative they have top riders on their bikes or it will be the same old story with them - is it the bike that's to blame for poor results or the riders.

Suzuki need to get the cheque book out and write what ever number the likes of Lorenzo, Pedrobot , Rossi or even Stoner want on that cheque. Getting the likes of Hopper or DePuniet is just pointless. Get the best on their bikes or don't bother and instead put a PROPER effort into WSBK.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

rider choice

if suzuki are to be taken seriously they need a contender not a crasher!!!! enough said.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices