Skip to content

Discuss This You ask/you answer: Where should I take my sports bike? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You ask/you answer: Where should I take my sports bike?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

You ask/you answer: Where should I take my sports bike?

I read Michael Neeves’ African adventure article on sportbikes and am feeling inspired to take my CBR somewhere exciting, especially now the sun is showing its face. I have ten days off from work next month and would like to head to Almeria, southern Spain. I am a bit stuck for a route though as I don’t want to miss...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 March 2013 13:05)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
steady2wheels

Sep 08

Scandinavia

one of the most beautiful places you can go, every mile you could take a photo and put it on a post card, roads are big, uncongested and smooth.

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

Northern Mexico

Great sweeping empty roads with intermittent twisties all through the Sierra Madre mountains. Yum.

Reply to this Topic
bertieboy20

Feb 13

bertieboy20 says:

On the track where sports bikes are meant to be risen. Not on the road where idiot sports bike ride riders kill themselves.

Reply to this Topic
arnunn

Jul 06

arnunn says:

I would be tempted to take the ferry to Bilbao or Santander, if you ignore the cost of the cabin, it costs no more than the fuelacross France. The roads in Northern Spain were very good, I will admit that I was always in a rush so stuck to the main roads, but they were good. Head down to Madrid, Cordoba and then toward Ronda down to the coast past Malaga then up into the hills and the back roads/old moorish routes to Granada before heading to Almeria (not by the coast road go inland. Simple. I used to do Marbella to Bilbao easy in a day, took the Toll roads around Madrid, its a great chance to hit the limiter.

Reply to this Topic
BrandsR6

Oct 05

BrandsR6 says:

Ha ha Bertie

I think you'll find that sports bikes (along with all other types of bikes) can be ridden wherever you like.

Reply to this Topic
yammy7r

Apr 09

yammy7r says:

Why spend all that money going abroad the roads of Lincolnshire are fantastic

Reply to this Topic
Vortex1952

Mar 11

Vortex1952 says:

Good Idea Arnunn

I was tjinking exactely the same route! Have seen price and it's not so bad considering that you are at see during the night and will get in Bilbao/Santander fresh and ready to start.

Should we start a time to tag along?

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

this summer

@arnunn, @vortex1952: I think that sounds like a winner. Think I'll do that this summer.

Reply to this Topic
Vortex1952

Mar 11

Vortex1952 says:

arnunn & titosfuneral

I have been looking to a route from Porthsmouth to Santander/Zaragoza/Valencia/Santander; it would take around 10/12 days. The ferry cost is about £485 with a cabin berth.

I am realy tempted to go there and I do speak the language which helps :)

Reply to this Topic
busaman195

Aug 09

busaman195 says:

joke

It`s hard enough to put petrol in the bike 20+to fill up.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices