Skip to content

Discuss This Have super nakeds become too powerful? New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Have super nakeds become too powerful?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Davidson  says:

Have super nakeds become too powerful?

KTM has officially confirmed it will launch the all-new 185bhp Duke 1290 in October. But is that much power really necessary in a naked bike; is the naked class becoming too powerful and perhaps unnecessary? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 March 2013 13:10)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Anyone who says "yes"

hasn't riden a V4 Tuono :wink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

you might as well ask

if bikes par se are too powerful?

those who think they are will buy smaller, those who don't will buy them.

there is clearly a market for them else they wouldn't be made.

the limiting factor is going to be the riders neck muscle

Reply to this Topic
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

40 BHP Less

Rode the BMW K1300S (faired ) and K1300R (Naked) models and the difference is immense.

There is absolutely no point having 160bhp plus on a naked. It can take you to 150 mph sure but the wind blast, is rediculous and the compression on the lid into your face means you cannot see either.

Cut the silly BHP down by 40 points to say 120 and have 20mpg more. Then it looks sensible.

Bikes will still hussle up to 120mph or so with masses of torque. You can hold a ton with no fairing (just) for touring and you get great mpg. Win all round.

185bhp is pathetic and wasted (much like anyone who also needs an orange bike to pose on). 

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Naked bikes

Too powerfull............ No, you'll have to explain that concept to me :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Sunday Roast

I can see you on a Hardley Movingson :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
RICHARD545

Sep 10

RICHARD545 says:

Not all types ?

And to suggest such a thing, in my opinion, is ridiculous. If you dont want the power, steer clear !!!!!! BTW, when is that beast 1290 due for unleashing..er.. release ??

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

can't ask that question realy

if we thought that way when nintendo released the 16 bit we would never had playstation at all. and thats with all things in the world, it calls evolution and you can't stop that. Ktm launched 185 hp naked duc already had an 155 hp naked, suzuki with the B-King had 180 hp and that was years ago. Let the factory's make more and more exiting stuff. And al that powerfull bike's also have powermodes so you can swith in HP if you like. Maybe ferrari And MCLaren should not build 900hp monsters for the road then?

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

diablere

Spot on My fellow Muppet.....

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Have they Bollocks.....

This Question Comes up every now and again, Some will say..."Where can you use all that power on todays roads?" and some will say "The Speed limit is only 70mph" others will whinge like babies (some will call you names). Personally I prefer to have as much fun... that's FUN, in the short time that I have as a free thinking, air breathing, Human. Thirty years ago 100bhp was "Insane" for a bike, 150 years ago 30mph was crazy. Power is fun.

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

Too much

Much too much power for me... but perhaps not for you. I had a weekend on a 200mph missile a few years ago, courtesy of a friendly bike shop that thought I would like to buy it. I loved it but realised that it so far outstripped my ability that if I bought it, I was going to die. So yes, it's far too much, but so is a Golf GTX if you're going to be a purist.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices