Skip to content

Discuss This Are you superstitious about the 13 plate? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Are you superstitious about the 13 plate?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Are you superstitious about the 13 plate?

There is talk within the motorcycle industry that new bike sales could drop with the introduction of the new 13 registration plates due to peoples' superstitions. Is the inclusion of a 13 on a registration plate enough to put you off buying a new bike, or indeed has it already? Place your vote and don't forget to comment - your thoughts...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 March 2013 14:11)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

13 Plate

Yes, I actually purchased my new bike a little earlier than originally planned to avoid having a 13-plate. 

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

Same here Marcus

The main reason was i wanted the underseat exhaust on the 675, but i'll have to admit avoiding the 13 plate was a consideration( especially as the last time i bought new it was a disastrous experience from the start till finish, didn't want to add to the chances of that happening again)

Reply to this Topic
Bebobobob

May 10

Bebobobob says:

Delusional?

seriously? it's disturbing people are still that thick, did you know the average house has 13 steps..... you're going to die because of that amount of steps now, also black cats may have sat on your bikes and a psychic said you're going to die in a bike crash

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Lets see..

what the cards say, shall we :unsure:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
69Fastback

Apr 12

69Fastback says:

12+1

Reminds me of Ángel Nieto, 12+1.

Reply to this Topic
oldandbold

Mar 13

oldandbold says:

What about....

666 plates and ones with GGG (looks like 666)in them?

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

actually

almost every house has 13 steps, because its building regulations , any more than that and you have to build a platform in ,therefore increasing the expense of the build. hence most houses having 13 steps.

Also the number 13 is considered unlucky because of the date the French decided to do away with the knights templer which was friday 13th of october 1307.

Now tradition is a powerfull thing given over 700 years to establish itself and 13 being an unlucky number could be seen more of a sign of not trusting people, more than anything else(especially kings who owe you lots of money). so sometimes supersitions can be linked to a certain amount of common sense, ie like walking under a ladder.

So supersitious maybe, delusional and thick, i think not

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

13 Plate

Generally speaking I am not a superstitious person.  I have no issues with black cats, would not necessarily avoid walking under a ladder and will quite happily step on cracks in the pavement.  But, I didn't want a 13 plate on my bike.  Can't really explain why - I just didn't. 

Reply to this Topic
muddy686

Aug 11

muddy686 says:

If you put off buying a bike for 6 months because you don't want a 13 plate you are an idiot.  Unless you REALLY like the number 63! 

Reply to this Topic
minij

Jan 06

minij says:

13/63

ahh 2019/69 will bring out some creative plates

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN