Skip to content

Discuss This Are you superstitious about the 13 plate? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Are you superstitious about the 13 plate?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Are you superstitious about the 13 plate?

There is talk within the motorcycle industry that new bike sales could drop with the introduction of the new 13 registration plates due to peoples' superstitions. Is the inclusion of a 13 on a registration plate enough to put you off buying a new bike, or indeed has it already? Place your vote and don't forget to comment - your thoughts...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 March 2013 14:11)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Okteecee

Mar 13

Okteecee says:

Nothing to do with 13

The only thing that stops people buying a new bike is the over inflated price tags that are being placed onto them these days, no reason other than that not to have a 13 plate, after all every little and big square box with wheels is unlucky as they are not enjoying the freedom of just 2 or possibly 3.

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

Immunity ?

I've never been concerned about the number thirteen, which by the way is called triskaidekaphobia, because I was born on the thirteenth and always imagined this gave me some sort of immunity.

As for registration numbers: I have a cherished number on my bike which I'd transfer to any new machine.

I bet the DVLA is doing a brisk trade selling alternative or cherished numbers to the superstitious right now.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I'm not a superstitious person but I consider 13 to be my lucky number and use it whenever the occasion arises as I was born on the 13th!

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Taxes put me off

You can deal with the bad luck by running over a black cat.

Reply to this Topic
BradleyRob

Jan 11

BradleyRob says:

can't wait for 13

Looking forward to getting a new Triple with a 13 plate!

Rogerborg: I'll keep my two black cats in for a few months then.

Okteecee; trouble is the dealers are hiking up the price of older bikes as well.  You now have to pay more for a 3 to 5 year old bike than the original purchaser.  This does not happen in the car market.  No wonder 2nd hand bikes are staying in the showrooms for years.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

666 would

rediculous q most bikers are not supersticous, its not like we give a shit what our plate says, we want speed and handling and dry weather!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Rocker66

Jan 03

Rocker66 says:

I was born on the 13th so I look on it as lucky for me. I actually picked up a new bike on !st march which was of course Friday 13th

Reply to this Topic
Rocker66

Jan 03

Rocker66 says:

Sorry I meant say Friday & 13 not thought to be a good combination

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

13's been my lucky number

Had the number 13 on quite a few rugby and footy jerseys and always did well with it.  I even run a 666 on the dirt bike, cuz, well, the bike is evil.  And I have a black cat too.  Maybe I just like to push my luck.

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

Bikers not superstiticous!!!!!! Feck me their the worsed of the lot.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices