Skip to content

Discuss This Are you superstitious about the 13 plate? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Are you superstitious about the 13 plate?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Are you superstitious about the 13 plate?

There is talk within the motorcycle industry that new bike sales could drop with the introduction of the new 13 registration plates due to peoples' superstitions. Is the inclusion of a 13 on a registration plate enough to put you off buying a new bike, or indeed has it already? Place your vote and don't forget to comment - your thoughts...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 March 2013 14:11)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
burningbush

Jul 09

burningbush says:

Not my number

My Mrs bought me my own private plate and it gets transferred from bike to bike (what a pain in the arse that is, thank you DVLA)

Reply to this Topic
tobytruck

Sep 03

tobytruck says:

supersticion

im not superstitious but last year i started a new job driving a truck with a number plate that started K19 (the widow maker)in November i had a heart attack and am not back at work yet, so no new bike for me anyway !

Reply to this Topic
grumpy ol git

Sep 08

What a load of Gonnads. If you can afford a new bike. How unlucky can you be. Am picking up my new BMW GS TE on sataday. Please tell me how unlucky I am. I repeat GONNADS.

Reply to this Topic
Garfey

Mar 13

Garfey says:

I was a bit, but I bought a new Bike Anyway - 2013 ZX6R 636 in White... laaaa!

Reply to this Topic
Driver67

Jul 11

Driver67 says:

Well, I suppose a 13 plate WILL eventually put me off, in about 5 years time, which is when I will be able to afford a 2013 bike. I'm not particularly superstitious, but it's worth knowing that NASA has never named anything '13' since Apollo 13... and if it's good enough for NASA...

Reply to this Topic
ChimneyPortions

Oct 11

Most house builders miss out number 13 and go straight to 15 as house number 13 is more difficult to sell.

Reply to this Topic
paul7911

Oct 07

paul7911 says:

no it woulnt stop me buying a new bike but Mr. Honda Decided Not to make a newer cbr1100xx so i'l stick with the one i've got

Reply to this Topic
FireBladeRider

Feb 13

I would feel pretty lucky picking up a 13 plate bike seeing as mine is 14 years old!

Reply to this Topic
mickra

May 08

mickra says:

Chimneyportions

that's rubbish about house no. 13s. I've lived at 2 no. 13s and and....whoops...ohhh...shit...ouch, damn, that's done it!!

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

13 is a number between 12 and 14. Not mystical, unlucky or any of the other horseshit that gets trotted out about it.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices