Skip to content

Discuss This Are you superstitious about the 13 plate? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Are you superstitious about the 13 plate?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Are you superstitious about the 13 plate?

There is talk within the motorcycle industry that new bike sales could drop with the introduction of the new 13 registration plates due to peoples' superstitions. Is the inclusion of a 13 on a registration plate enough to put you off buying a new bike, or indeed has it already? Place your vote and don't forget to comment - your thoughts...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 March 2013 14:11)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Slam700

Mar 13

Slam700 says:

Not put me off - I'm now the proud owner of an NC700s (manual!!) on a '13 plate.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

PAH!

13 isnt an unlucky number, fuggin 7 is.

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

What?

I had to read this twice to make sure I wasn't actually on "Take-A-Break-Nagging-Birds-Mag" website!

Reply to this Topic
robodoc

Feb 13

robodoc says:

13 plate - yes please

I'm another of the "born on Friday 13th" brigade.  I've always felt I could never afford to be superstitious.  Of course that gives me an edge over people who are superstitious whenever it's an issue.  Knowing that gives me confidence, so I rather like a 13 around somewhere. I passed my under-grad degree and my post-grad degree on 13th's.  I have got jobs at interviews on 13th's 4 times, each one a promotion.  I moved into my current house on a 13th.  I have had a couple of downers - or not:  for example, I failed to get one job on a 13th, but it was at Stafford Hospital!  I'm planning to buy a BMW S1000RR sometime in the next couple of months.  If I get a new one it will have 13 in the plate automatically and I'll be happy.  If it's a low mileage used one, I'll get a private plate with 13 and my initials.  I might just do that anyway!

Reply to this Topic
bernie600f

Mar 13

bernie600f says:

13 plate

if my credit rating was ok i would get new bike on 13 plate.:smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN