Skip to content

General Buy British... General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Buy British...

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Buy British...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21598425

About time Tesco`s...:mad:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 March 2013 17:48)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

indeed

I already do - most of it Northumbrian

Reply to this Topic
mostlyslowly

Apr 09

mostlyslowly says:

don't

shop there. if you go lowest cost denominator you are generally buying rubbish, bit rich to complain when that turns out to be the case.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Hmmm

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

we are lucky here

as we have a lot of local farmers markets, and although we usually only eat chicken or fish we can source as much as possible locally, if not there are really good sources to find it.

We have a turkey and beef farmer about 50 yards away and too many local veg produce to name.

I would rather eat less and know exactly where our food is coming from than buy meat and fish in any supermarket.

Prime example, and yes my scruples are challenged here.  My big dog has a terminal health problem and to give her quality along with medication she has to have a diet of chicken and a carb. Usually it  is rice but she wont eat it so has mashed potato instead.

She has 9 chicken breasts a day plus instant mashed potato, it works out cheaper than 12 tins of premium dog food a day. I know the chicken is not free range and have battled with my conscience no end but it's wrong that this is a cheaper product.

So as I have strayed into battery (I believe) chicken meat I have decided to rescue a few battery chickens to compensate. Not great but I'm stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea.

My next statement might be a little controversial as in, the cheaper the meat product the less you know what it contains.  If you source good food and cook from scratch then A) you will feed a family cheaper and B0 you will not be filling family with god knows what.

Bring Home Economics and compulsory PE back into the school curriculum and we will produce a healthier and less obese generation.

It aint rocket science, slow producing energy foods like porridge and wholemeal pasta and pulses are the way forward and get this crap off the supermarket shelves. Ban the microwave and being in the kitchen is great fun.

And yes had 2 kids and a full time job but still cooked every day.

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

Quite right, BB.

Tried microwave ready meals when we were building our  kitchen. THe joy of opening the door and slinging the dish in was ruined by then eating it. Yuk!

We lived on salad until we finished the job. Never eaten another ready meal and hopefully never will.

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

I knew you would agree Bee

We obviously have had ping meals in the past as it was quite a novelty until I realised how much they cost.

It's far more cost effective to cook from scratch from produce that is in season and supporting our farmers where animal welfare is at a premium.

Support the local butcher if your not a veggie as I know cj is.

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

I

Only use the Microwave to warm up cold coffee.......:smile

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Tesco UK .

Prety soon The UK will be Tesco owned. As we all Blindly do as we are told..... Think of the small guys.:upset:

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Mrs H

warm up cold coffee, you're as bad as my youngest, she does it with tea:shock:

Doesn't it go all scummy on top??

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Heating up coffee

in the microwave is the future, I always have a cafeteria made on the side and heat up a cup in the mic when I want one.

Useless fact of the day...I was veggie for 25 years :shock:true story that anorl.

Oh and baby, tis a shame they don't do pterodactyl breasts anymore :lol: 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices