Skip to content

Discuss This Can-Am Spyder first ride First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Can-Am Spyder first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Can-Am Spyder first ride

If the three-wheeled Cam-Am Spyder were a person you met, the first thing it would say is: "I'm not a motorcycle, you know." The second thing would be: "Are you aware that I'm not a motorcycle?" At the launch of the latest version in Marbella, Spain, last week, journalists were made to sign a declaration before going anywhere near it, which...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 March 2013 10:55)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Interesting Chassis description....."Tadpole" configuration.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

A white Tadpole anorl :shock:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Wam Bam

It's a Twin.....Can Am... Thank you Mam.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

I suppose I would consider it if I was disabled, but like it says at the start, its not a bike and will get stuck in traffic when all the bikers are filtering through. And at 19k-21k, its never going to be more than a niche vehicle aiming at a very small market, and I can't think who that market will be, other than someone who wants something different and has lots of money to spare.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

It's for busted bikers

Them as has them likes them, them as doesn't don't see the point (yet).  /story.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Its made in America for Americans

Americans love this kind of thing, it just isn't a bike. I dont think it looks that easy for someone that's disabled to ride either. Not a patch on them old blue disabled cars you used to see on the roads.

Reply to this Topic
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

notabike

It's not a bike: So why does it have a saddle when a supportive seat for the sideways forces that motorcycles so magically dial out, would be better? It's not a bike, so why does it have handlebars. No confusing counter-steering then, is there? It's not a bike, so why doesn't it have a roof, and proper aerodynamic leg protection, especially for the passenger? It's a bike, not, so why does it have a Rotax v-twin instead of a torquey, grunty, massively economical small four with turbo from a car? Preferably a diesel... It's not a bike, so where are the seat belts and airbags? What we have 'ere is a camel - a horse, designed by a committee. It reminds me of an ice cream bicycle - can you get it with sprinkles? Just buy a Morgan three-wheeler. Better in every possible way.

Reply to this Topic
YamAustin

Jan 13

YamAustin says:

Interesting

Dont hate.
Appreciate.

Reply to this Topic
joshvesey

Nov 10

joshvesey says:

Think outside the box

I am waiting for everyone In This country to embrace things that are different, not take the piss out of it. All us real mileage bikers that ride on the continent will see stuff like this, and sidecar outfits with engineering so complex it's mind boggling. It's a regular occurrence, and its appreciated for what it is. I'm fed up of people thinking Wallace and grommit when they see a sidecar outfit, don't knock one till you have rode one! It might open your eyes to something completely different. :-) oh I ride a solo by the way, under the age of 25 and ride an fjr 1300 lol. The future for biking is bright, but only if you make it folks. :-)

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Well Said...

We should embrace all things different and not.... "Take the P-ss" :unsure:

Attached images:

1. 041  
  2. imagesCAMQN7BF  
Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance