Skip to content

Discuss This Less than 30 left: Yamaha FZR400RR General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Less than 30 left: Yamaha FZR400RR

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Less than 30 left: Yamaha FZR400RR

There are just 24 Yamaha FZR400RRs still registered on the UK roads in 2012 but it’s a fair bet to assume there are a whole load more than this still being put to high-rev use on racetracks and trackdays around the country. The Yamaha FZR400 was always over-shadowed by the class-leading Hondas, both the CBR and V4 NC30 and NC35s,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 March 2013 11:03)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YODADDA

Oct 12

YODADDA says:

Am I mad or have I read this 'article' here before? If I am not mad then this show how poor this site is.

Reply to this Topic
kevinschwantz

Sep 10

400's

I owned one of these for 6 years whilst on a break from bigger bikes. I have to say it was well engineered, very reliable, qiuck, cheap to run and great fun. The 400 was more of a mini exup 1000 than the 600 was because it was for the Jap home market so it had the spec. Looks dated now and modern 600's are the same weight but still deserves it's place, in my book anyway.

Reply to this Topic
TinkerNZ

Oct 09

TinkerNZ says:

I've got an SP with a YZF600 engine and a factory racekit. I used to use it as a dayly driver, the lack of an alternator was a pain, but man i still smile thinking about how it handled. 100hp at the rear wheel and with abit of work sub 160kg's almost 20 years ago.

Reply to this Topic
thedokter46

Mar 09

thedokter46 says:

my fzr

i have a 92 fzr 400 rr its had a full nut n bolt restoration and has original factory sp fairing all round plus i have a immaculate original fairing if i wish to change the look i dont its had everything bar the kitchen sink powder coated fresh and is in utter fantastic condition its a great bike to ride and its just a fantastic  bit of kit its toally original i even managed to get hold of a original yamaha service book and the original yamaha dealership sales pamphlet im not joking wen i say id rather have this over some fuel injected missile iv rode and owned plenty but this is something special an iconic bike a classic and one of the best little bikes ever built its taken me 12 yrs to find one this good as id seen plenty over yrs and turned em down wen i clapped eyes on this i thought wow this really is that good the guy said id be knocked out wen i see her in the flesh and wen i pulled up it was sat on his drive i had to stop and just gawp for me its just one of those bikes you can walk round for ages just looking at the detail and grin like idiot but thats what bikes are all about for me you can knee down em you can admire em you can collect em thiers something to float every single boat out there for me my fzr is class im proud to be one of the 24 i no mines one of the very best in the country without doubt or arrogance fzr's are the dogs ride one

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle