Skip to content

TRIUMPH Simon Warburton on the Triumph Tiger Sport 1050 TIGER 1050

You are in... Forums > TRIUMPH > TIGER 1050 > Simon Warburton on the Triumph Tiger Sport 1050

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Simon Warburton on the Triumph Tiger Sport 1050

Simon Warburton, Triumph’s Product Manager “Even though the Tiger 1050 is the oldest bike in our range now, there are still people buying it, albeit not anywhere near the numbers it sold before, so we thought there’s still space for it. It is a little bit of a gamble and we could’ve discontinued it, but we thought they’d still be...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 March 2013 11:07)

Post a message in TIGER 1050

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Robell

Aug 02

Robell says:

Looks good

Should be a great all-rounder, certainly worth a test ride.

Who needs all the electronic gizmo's which add complication and expense, for very little, if any benefit ?

Tho I'm still waiting for a new Sprint    ;-)

Reply to this Topic
greenturbobob

Nov 05

Hmmmmm

"there are still people buying it, albeit not anywhere near the numbers it sold before" 

That's because it has fallen behind the times:( 

It was one of the  first adventure bikes, if not THE first adventure bike, but with 17 inch wheels which was 99% road focused. And it WAS great then.

But now i think the Ducati MTS is the dogs dooo dars and Triumph don't really make beater for that yet.

tiger 1050 could have been good using a Speed triple 133bhp engine with active suspension, but now already written into the history books.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Warp9

Mar 13

Warp9 says:

Love the but a wee bit under owered for my taste.Thank god you can extract all the power needed from the Rocket Warp9.9

Keep up the good work

Reply to this Topic
blackspot

Sep 10

blackspot says:

well, if money was no object I would surely love to have Multistrada, but I really like even the `old` Tiger 1050... these updates make it look and surely feel even better... for those who say not powerfull enough, well, look elsewhere...for me every liter bike is more than powerfull enough...

Reply to this Topic
exceledsteve

Apr 10

exceledsteve says:

Not too late

Lots of us have never owned a tiger previously. This one looks like it'll be the best one yet for all sorts of riding. I'm never intending to ride off road and if I did I'd buy an off road bike not a massive brittle plastic clad over powered behemoth. For most of us, most of the time this still ticks loads of boxes. Don't dismiss it because it can't be pigeon-holed alongside the latest trend. It looks fairly reasonably priced (no bargain mind you!) and it will still make a lot of people happy. It still has a place in motorcycling despite not being an attempt at surfing the crest of the current wave. It's a continued nod towards the ordinary needs of most motorcyclists. Nice one Triumph for remembering our feet are still on the ground.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices