Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

entus

Sep 11

entus says:

Aldi Kevlar Jeans

Tempted by these for 30 quid.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 March 2013 16:22)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

hmm

I remain a little unconvinced

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

nah Entus

not for me, but then I am a snob:smile

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

They

may be made of kevlar, but it'll be craply knitted and the stitching will be shite.

you get what you pay for and in safety gear that's kinda important.

Reply to this Topic
si1981

Feb 09

si1981 says:

get

chain saw test them..............................:unsure:

Reply to this Topic
entus

Sep 11

entus says:

Good points

to take into consideration folks. Kinda put me off now, especially seeing as i've already got new leathers recently. I do want some kevlar jeans though for going to work during the summer (if we get one.)
si1981, I get the feeling I might get disapproving looks if I do a chainsaw test on them before buying but then again, if I time it right, when Aldi are also selling chainsaws....
BB, I don't think M&S or Harrods do bike gear although I could be wrong.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I

do want some kevlar jeans for summer riding as well but the decent ones are £100+ with armour. I do need to sort something as my tatty textile trousers don't go with my nice leather jacket.

Bugger, talking about clothes matching. I'll be on about getting a friggin' man bag soon.

Reply to this Topic
zanderh

Aug 12

zanderh says:

I value my legs at more than £30. Cheap motorcycle gear, although cheap, is unlikely to give you the protection you actually require. So it's cheap because it's cheap, in more ways than one.

ALDI gear? No thanks!

Reply to this Topic
mostlyslowly

Apr 09

mostlyslowly says:

does CE

marking imply some performance testing/guarantee?

I have grin factor and draggin kevlars, tbh the grin factors are probably better protected and have more, denser Kevlar

Reply to this Topic
entus

Sep 11

entus says:

Cheap gear

is always on sale at Motorcycle superstore. I got a pair of Frank Thomas leathers for 40 quid, think it must be last years line they sell off cheap.
Mostlyslowly, the CE mark is supposed to signify that goods have passed some European standard but with the amount of fake stuff being sold, you could probably buy a CE marked burger and find it ain't what it should be.

Zander. Thinking about it, I bought a helmet from Aldi a couple of years ago and it was shite! Noisy, visor didn't seal and all my mates in the pub called me Darth Vader (cos it was black!)
I'm convinced now, I ain't buying Aldi's kevlar jeans. Wonder what they're like for polishing glass with though???

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

I know I've said it before,

but check out Hood jeans. They are made in England and they are better quality then any other make of Kevlar jeans I've seen.

If you're short of money stick a search on ebay. Sooner or later some will turn up.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices