Skip to content

General Garage invasion! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Garage invasion!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Garage invasion!

Someone has been through my garage opening all my boxes but looks to have taken a drill and that's it. There was plenty of other stuff to nab but they've taken only the drill.

I was at work with my bike so I assume they've gone for the bike, found it not there and had a quick look round for anything of value. They missed most of the good stuff.

The question is - my bike needs protecting. Hypothetically, would one get into trouble if a couple of flashbangs and a smoke grenade went off were the bike moved? Legally obtainable pyrotechnics, we're talking but 180+dB to alert me and screening smoke.

EDITED for spelling

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 March 2013 18:52)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Dogs as deterrents ?

very good ones in my opinion. My daughter bought home her new lad last night but I'm afraid my dog didn't think he was good enough.

Lets just say it wasn't love at first sight between him and the dog:winkie:

Labradors are useless, trust me I have one and the poor lad had only stepped in the door when mine was in his arms:shock:

Seriously it is a nasty feeling when someone invades your home no matter what part it is.

Security lights are good plus alarms for night time but at the end of the day if they want it bad enough they will get it. Just have to make sure you've done everything possible.

No way of putting another vehicle in front of the doors?

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Erm

Yeh, "sorry officer, I accidentally grabbed my gun, loaded it with the full magazine happened to have to hand and rushed down the stairs with the words "forward fucking assist" rattling around my head. They surrendered quite readily, don't you agree?"

Doubt it'd go down well. Perhaps I should take up hockey rather than shooting?

EDIT: There's a security light, multiple lights inside on motion detectors and so on. I think I'll be popping a couple of smoke grenades in there as well as an alarm. It's just that the proper smokes are quite steep and then I'd have to have a battery powered alarm as there's no power in there. Ground anchor is something I've considered but frankly I doubted anyone would go to the trouble of breaking in for that bike. It's crap and unpopular.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I once

saw a scrote messing with a bike. I appeared again with something that looked a lot like an L85. There was a hole in a hedge for some time after that. What was doubly amusing was when there was a slight lul in the thrashing of vegetation, I proceeded to "chamber" the empty thing that looked like but obviously wasn't an L85. Thrashing resumed :biggrin:.

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Trip Wire

We had one of those, linked to a 12 bore shell.  Feck me, they're LOUD when they go off.

We did, subsequently, have a burglary.  The scum got all of our keys and got into the garage, they then tripped the wire.  We found all of the keys on the floor, and very little missing from the garage (they'd already done the house, and got the TV, laptop, tried to smash the safe out of the wall).

So, YES, they do work.  (We didn't mention the trip wire to the police, just said that they must have been disturbed when they got to the garage!!) 

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I

may have to order one of those mines with a trip wire. Could so easily be rigged to the door to stop them even bothering getting inside.

EDIT: anyone suspicious I'm a mentalist - I'm not and I don't own any firearms. I handed those in to the cops a while back.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

Don't worry Phil......

.....Big Dave is on our side, the current Gov is supposed to be changing the law so we can protect our properties (when is another question) but big Dave did stand up in the house of Commons an say the following.
"If people protect their property by using reasonable force on the intruder, even if that force causes injury, then they will not be prosecuted, I am the prime minister and i can assure you of that":biggrin::biggrin:

So happy days....wack away.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Well

in that case, bring on the claymores and the rifle. :lol:

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

We use trip wires an blank shotgun shells

Our local PC nearly wet himself laughing when Mr B demonstrated how loud it was. Mr B was not expecting it to be quite so loud. Smoke and everything there was. :biggrin:

We also have a very fierce dog, which helps, and a parrot who shouts hello if she hears the gate catch open.

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Garage invasion

Is there anywhere else you can leave your bike for while? 

Reply to this Topic
hawk750

Apr 09

hawk750 says:

Phil

I've got for sale just the thing you need :wink:  

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN