Skip to content

General Novel finishing technique (Hydrographics). General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Novel finishing technique (Hydrographics).

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Novel finishing technique (Hydrographics).

My eBay search for ZX6R fairings has just sent me an email showing a panel finished with "HydroGraphics," a technique I've not heard of before. The Facebook page says,

"What is HydroGraphics? Hydrographics has several generic names. Some of the names are Water Transfer Printing, Immersion Printing, Camo dipping ,Cubic Printing and many more. You might ask what can Hydrographics be applied to? The answer is nearly any 3-d object that is made from Plastic, wood, glass, metal & rubber. A general rule of thumb is if it can be painted, it can be dipped. The process involves taking your painted item and immersing it into a large water tank along with your chosen film which has been turned into liquid ink , once coated the item is rinsed , dried and an automotive grade clear coat is applied .The outcome depends on your choice of base coat and whether to have a candy dye mixed in with the clear coat . Some of the most popular items to dip are guns, bows, Automotive trim, wheels, computer cases, motorcycle parts and many more."

The finishes on show aren't to my taste but I thought it was an interesting technique.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 March 2013 19:47)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices