Skip to content

Discuss This Deer threat to road safety General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Deer threat to road safety

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Deer threat to road safety

There are more deer in the UK than at any time since the Ice Age, according to a study highlighting the threat to road safety. Deer populations need to be culled by as much as 60% just to keep numbers stable, according to research by the University of East Anglia. A spokeswoman for the university said: “In the absence of natural...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 March 2013 09:15)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mercymercyred

Jan 10

yammy7r

Are you going to be the first to volunteer for a people cull? probably not fucking stupid comment. As for deer they are real danger along with other animals wandering onto main roads. On our local A380 I always stay in the outside lane as there is less of a chance there are deer there as opposed to the left hand side where they tend to stray to the edge of the road. You will have a slightly better chance of avoiding one if you stay centre right.

Reply to this Topic
yammy7r

Apr 09

yammy7r says:

You need to chill out and get a sense of humour mercymercyred, it was a joke hence the Rudolf signature at the end, but if there is a people cull anytime soon be sure to put your name down there's enough grumpy fuckers in this world without you adding to it

Reply to this Topic
mickra

May 08

mickra says:

been Riding/Driving

all over the world and UK since age 17...now 56...saw a deer run across road in front of me about 20 yards ahead ONCE in all that time about 7 years ago. Chill people... how many people die by Deer? Hmmmmm more die in their sleep...cure.. don't go to sleep it's VERY dangerous, get some perspective.

Reply to this Topic
mickra

May 08

mickra says:

And anyway

FUCK the Deer..mend the POXY Roads!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Valko

May 12

Valko says:

men in tights?

forget about deer, lets open the cull season for men in tights, they are by far more dangerous on A and even B roads.

I completely agree with previous comments men are way more dangerous to the environment, shall we do some research and decrease somehow the ever growing and boring population.

Too many grumpy people here.

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

in my yrs 40+

ive had a few deers jump out on me lots of dogs ,kids to many to count

so peterduke lets shoot the lot deer dogs cats kids  even birds .. just wrap your self in cotton wall and bubble wrap and watch TV

kin retards

Reply to this Topic
d0nkeychop

May 10

d0nkeychop says:

Steady2wheels has a point, imagine the deer population confronting the human race about our population expanding out of control. The cull wasn't suggested by a man from Findus per chance? Might solve their recent supply chain issues

Reply to this Topic
bob the builder

Feb 03

Deer cull!!!

I have witnessed a deer cull, and it`s not the way you would think, One man and his silenced rifle, taking them out one at a time.

estates organise these culls for sport, loads of pricks with guns surrounding the deer and just shooting them everywhere, legs being blown off, injured ones cut open whilst still alive, it`s just a Massacre.

very distressing for someone to see these blood thirsty goons with money kill for pleasure.

If you could see this, you would think twice about killing Bambi.

I am a shooter, so know what goes on,but would not do anything like this.

It will take years to cull enough deer to bring the numbers down.

then again, venison is quite good, no fat, better than the stuff we eat now from the supermarkets.

Venison Burgers, anyone!!

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

bob

you are so right

so we have loads of deer, lets farm them  much better than redrum burgers.. and findus sweepstakes

its not the deer over populated its mankind stealing every square inch of land

lets cull the human race a bit  lets start with all thereal usless ones old money rich or torys,  then follow on with new rich or labour  then the very new rich the dole bludgers

plenty of room for all now   

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Deer

Bob the builder... Deer are not shot as you describe. If you ARE a shooter, then you will know this.

They are being culled for MORE than road safety reasons.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle