Skip to content

Discuss This World Superbikes will race at Silverstone in 2013 World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > World Superbikes will race at Silverstone in 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Richard Newland  says:

World Superbikes will race at Silverstone in 2013

Silverstone has confirmed that it WILL host this year’s British round of the FIM Superbike World Championship (SBK) on 02-04 August The announcement follows discussions between the circuit and Dorna regarding the long-term future oftwo-wheel international events at Silverstone, and resulting rumours that the 2013 round may be cancelled. Richard Phillips, Managing Director of Silverstone Circuits Limited, commented: “In late 2009, when...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 March 2013 09:32)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Ticket prices ?

The poor turnout at previous events are down to the ticket prices .unless this is addressed it will be repeated this year,fuel prices and the present state of the economy wont encourage fans to pay high gate prices for what is a grid of many former british superbike riders ,the price difference between BSB and WSBK is simply too great and that said no better a show,the venue is not really the problem

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

Sad news

I was hoping people would put presure on Brands to take back to task of staging this event ( my fave weekend of the year better than crimbo ) Silverstone is boring !

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

Brilliant

I couldnt go to WSB at silverstone last year but I went the year before and found the ticket prices reasonable. Got pissed at the bar on sat evening and had a brilliant weekend with some really good racing. So if you want a good weekend go along this year 

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Doesn't really matter for me. So far my trips are Assen both BSB and WSBK. Monza WSBK as always and BRNO for Moto Gp. And us being from Holland and after a lot of seasons watching BSB on the telly, finally seeing it live last year at Assen? It's Cadwell or Oulton this year as well!! You Brits jus't don't know how lucky you are sometimes. Some propper riders, a great national series in BSB and real road racing. Of course you don't have Muggelo, but neither do we.

Reply to this Topic
BigKatDaddy

Apr 09

BigKatDaddy says:

Spectators Track.

Hmmm, I think I will vote with my feet and go to Donnington again. Went to Siverstone in 2010 and was very dissapointed with the viewing oppotunities. I have roving grandstand tickets but found most of the grandstands in good positions were closed off. Ended up at Luffield for the duration, as it had some action in front. Butthere are so many buildings on the infield that seeing across the track is a big dissapointment. At leaset a Donnington the natural banking gives a good view of the track especially from the around the old hairpin area.

As for the 'side show' not interested at all. I go to watch the racing. I go to NEC or my local dealers to try out new bikes.

On top of which SIlverstone and Donnington are virtually on top of each other. If we are to have two rounds they could do with being spread out a bit more, and being from Kent I would obviously prefer Brands :).

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Lydden Hill for WSBK

For me I like the atmosphere at Brands and Donington more than Silverstone. Plus I live in Kent which makes it easier to take kids to a race meeting at Brands Hatch. Perhaps they should consider Lydden hill for WSBK, that would be as funny as feck.

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Yes,,,,But---

And they will loose a shed full of money

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

Race Day Only

I will do race day

Only because the Pirelli tyres cant last a damp or wet race and if its damp or wet the race will be 100% cancelled ! just like last year so advance tickets are not feasible for WSB as at most circuits because of the appalling wet tyres Pirelli produce , and they wont refund you like MSV do

not Silverstone's fault

pity because mgp ran a full programme on a near flooded track with Bridgestone tyres a couple of seasons ago

maybe the new owners will see sense a return it to Brands and big crowds before they wind the series up eventually

pity as its a brilliant series and loads more exiting than GP

Reply to this Topic
moto4

Oct 12

moto4 says:

event management

I don't know if this was all bargaining or genuine possibility- I thought they were contracted to run the race. How could they not? Surely splitting the gate take would be a better system than sanctioning fees/contracts? It's in all parties interests to do as well and promote- helped by more 'invested' Dorna. If they're not there next year. This would rid us of this recurring global theme. As others had frequently said there are real problems with Silverstone as a venue: * It is very likely to be wet. The race may well then be cancelled. No refunds. * It is fine for the TV but far too expansive for bikes- they are dots in the middle of vast tarmac highways. One ends up watching it on TV! * Brands and Donington are both great bike venues, as are most UK tracks but not Silverstone. Brands probably not upto international standards as they say but I bet most bike fans would enjoy live viewing there much more. * I am not remotely interested in the add on nonsense it seems Silverstone are proud of- although if I took kids perhaps it'd change my view.

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

Bruno off

I see the Bruno round has been scrapped and a turkey round put in its place (mega circuit but miles from anywhere) i cant wait to see the bikes flat out on the fast bend on the back part of the track , pity the boys if its wet ?

has Bruno circuit gone bust or is it in trouble ? is it not run or part owned by the gp rider K Abrahams Dad?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices