Skip to content

Discuss This Austin test vital to judge potential, admits Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Austin test vital to judge potential, admits Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Austin test vital to judge potential, admits Valentino Rossi

Valentino Rossi believes next week’s MotoGP test session at the new Circuit of the Americas in Texas will give him a clearer indication of his and Yamaha’s potential for 2013 now he’s back on the competitive factory YZR-M1 machine. Rossi and factory Yamaha teammate Jorge Lorenzo will join Repsol Honda duo Dani Pedrosa and Marc Marquez for a three-day test at...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 March 2013 09:35)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Thanks Saturn...

Sometimes that is what it takes around here.......... ;D  

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

No offence pal

just creating a bit of controversy in a news starved forum  I usually attract a bit of slagging by chucking in the odd provactive remark.

Like your avatar btw.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

To bad Ducati isnt testing there! Ianone needs some more testing to reel those factory Ducs in. Maniac Joe will beat Spies, Hayden and Dovi this season. I jus't know it. As for the contenters? I don't really care if Rossi Dani J-lo or Marquez wins the championship? But i jus't can't wait to see Marquez go at it in MotoGP. His ridding style is so cool, the lean angle is jus't sick!

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

The teams that don't need the extra practice and advantages, are usually the ones that get to gain an advantage. The circuit should have been off limits to everyone IMO.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Really CBR???

The more off season testing the better.... mainly for the internet pundits. I love it... the more test times we get to whip everyone into a frenzy the better. Only a few and even Mr. Birt this season take notice of the average test pace and not the one lap wonder lap times at a test. J Lo has been the man for a few seasons now stringing super fast laps together. Not the quickest overall but always the quickest over the long runs. Even in the Stoner era. +++++ I love this bullshit... like last year, Stoner could always bank an amazing lap.... quickest in every test, the title was sealed before 2012 even turned a wheel, Rossi was finished, etc, etc. +++++ In the end Stoner had to fight for it every lap of every race and resumed his normal position in the universe, 3rd or 4th in the end. Dovi was impressive again, the indisputable also ran, even on customer machinery. +++++ Don't get me wrong testing is crucial and can give a rider/team a psychological advantage. The fun part is the internet pundits only see the individual stats, one rider, one lap. But believe me, in the paddock they see the long runs and set those as the bench mark. +++++ Sad part about Stoner being gone is he could record a shocker but never did enough laps to determine when and where he would be able to string 45 minutes of fast laps together. ??? +++++ So we will sit here waiting for the times from CoTA to make more of our own assumptions about how the season and our individual heroes will perform in 2013. +++++ Be funny if Bradl is faster than Rossi..... But then of course it will be because "HONDA's are unreasonably FAST". +++++ Ciao Mama's

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Carlos...?

I regard you as a stand up cool kind of guy. I like you backing Maniac Joe for great success but I am not sure if I agree he will have the measure of Dovi this year overall. Good luck though...... +++++ Oh... he will probably give Spies a pasting if and when he finishes.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

wheelbreaker

Dovi is a 2nd string rider, as proved by his performances on the factory honda where I think he won 1 or 2 races if memory serves the whole time he was there and never threatened the big boys.....funny how stoner wins races....I thought you did that by stringing together 20 odd fast laps to beat lorenzo?.....the only reason stoner stoner came 3/4 was because he crashed and missed a load of races and wasn't fit when he did come back....last year they added weight which made the honda chatter like fuk otherwise it would have a repeat of 2011 where stoner hammered everyone

Reply to this Topic
spdmon

Aug 09

spdmon says:

No Edwards?

Rossi will not be fast on this test. He is never fast on a new circuit. Silverstone, Aragon...they all went disastrous for him. What is it? No Edwards to find set up?

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

Having studied the form of the riders for the last 2 years i predict rossi will be fastest.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Nostro

''Rossi is a Brontosaurus''

If you see him as a dinosaur Nostro then he's Tyrannosaurus Rex ...... beware the predator !

By the way Brontosaurus never existed ........ but you knew that !

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices