Skip to content

General Aggressive car driver Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > Aggressive car driver

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Rotop

Sep 12

Rotop says:

Aggressive car driver

This is a quick summary of how some dick in a 4x4 tried to run me off the road (2nd time for me) Please note that I indicate before manoeuvring in this situation unless specified otherwise.

I was on a roundabout about to exit and this guy pulls out in front of me, I move right to exit in the right lane of the dual carriageway but this guy cuts across the left lane and goes straight into the outside lane.

I switch back to the left lane and stay well back, guessing he's on his phone. He then accelerates to about 40 and moves in front of me. I switch to the outside lane and overtake him, he speeds up and I notice he's looking down at his lap for a very long time.

He then swerves across at me. Taking some advice from other riders that said I should back off if someone tries this and not continue riding I slow down, put about 6 car lengths between us and move in behind him. He slams on his brakes, I just move right but he cuts across in front of me but he indicates.... 

Another car is behind us by now and every time I switch lanes the guy switches infront of me and slams on the brakes. We come to a second roundabout and I indicate right in the right lane, he is in the outside lane about to enter and indicated right then straddles both lanes. I switch left and indicate left, planning to go straight on but misdirect him with the indicator. he then swerves left, opening up the right lane, I shift down and overtake him onto a dual carriageway. 

My bike is not restricted this time so he had no chance of catching up.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 March 2013 10:59)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Rotop

Sep 12

Rotop says:

Next time

This happens, if there is a next time, I'm thinking of stopping and explaining to the driver that his actions are unwarranted, unwanted and can potentially leave him severely injured.

The police won't do anything unless they have a witness or video. 

How exactly do you get witness statements when you're busy not being killed?

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

Can you afford to invest in a helmet cam?

I'd be inclined to report him anyway, make a statement, having his registration plate details would be handy, even if they don't go after him, it should flag up in any further incidents he might be involved in...:hmmm:

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

Dick

You can`t explain anything to a dickhead,i would keep well away because there`s only one loser.:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

Agree with Jaffa,

don't think you should put yourself in a road rage type situation, a woman was recently killed in an argument over parking and vehicle access in a car park :upset:

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

IF

you get a knob jockey who continually tries to take you out i.e. two attempts, just stop and wait a while then continue.

Reply to this Topic
zanderh

Aug 12

zanderh says:

Agree with smidget

If someone's being very aggressive towards you, pull over or off the road whenever practical and just wait for a bit. Get on your mobile and make notes (like his numberplate/car/area/time etc) then carry on. Should put enough time between you so that he's not a problem.

If you catch him up later then just ride as normal, chances are he'll have calmed down and won't do the same again (thinking it's a different biker). If he does, definitely take note of license plate and contact the police to inform them.

Had you done anything previously to annoy him..? Cut in front after filtering, filtered past etc?
Some people can get irrationally annoyed at bikers filtering past them.

Reply to this Topic
Rotop

Sep 12

Rotop says:

drivers.

Stop and wait - I would have but it was a clearway dual carriageway with a 70 mph limit and it was dark so I didn't think stopping was a safe option.

I haven't seen the guy ever, he literately just cut in front of me when I was leaving the roundabout. I'm guessing he was leaving one of the fast food places because he wasn't in the mood for cooking after 10 cans.

I may have filtered past him or overtaken him before because I take that rout to work most days and about 40% of the ride is filtering.

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

Then

under the circumstances I would of done as you did, but would of tried to remember his number for future reference.

At least you are safe.

Reply to this Topic
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

tis easy

SHOOT THE CNUT !!!!!

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Happened to me in very similar circumstances

last summer.

I'm not an aggressive rider by any means and use my bike for my enjoyment and not to piss anyone off.

But as I am on 2 wheels I am able to filter and this is what got my guys goat. I couldn't get away or stop. Road conditions and traffic didn't enable me too.

It is scary but when put in that position you have to protect yourself and as soon as I was able pulled over.

I only got some of his reg plate and colour and model of car.

I didn't report it but wwas glad I protected me and my bike.

I was however happy in the knowledge that he got very irate at being overtaken in a queue. One nil to me at the end of the day.

And eventually caught him up and filtered straight past and left him well behind :-)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices