Skip to content

BMW New BMW F800GT first ride F800GT

You are in... Forums > BMW > F800GT > New BMW F800GT first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

New BMW F800GT first ride

BMW’s new middleweight tourer, the F800GT, is currently being put through its paces for the first time by MCN’s Andy Downes. These are his first impressions: “We’ve done around 100 miles so far through Hertfordshire and into Suffolk on mostly wet and slimy roads but the new BMW is proving perfect for the conditions. It has ABS as standard and our...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 March 2013 13:24)

Post a message in F800GT

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Trevor2

May 13

Trevor2 says:

F800GT Test Ride

I am looking to replace my 10-year old Honda Deauville (NT650V) with a similar size touring bike that has ABS. The BMW F 800 GT seemed to tick the boxes for an affordable, low weight, comfortable and under 1000cc touring bike, which didn’t have a high maintenance chain drive. So I had a test ride and was impressed with the power, rider and pillion seat comfort, optional detachable panniers, instrumentation and re-assurance of having ABS. However I would like to see a lower 1st gear for riding in slow traffic, a higher screen to direct the air over my helmet, a top box to hold 2 helmets, and higher handlebars to take the weight off my wrists. However I am very concerned about the generally reported lack of reliability of BMW motorcycles.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices