Skip to content

Discuss This Two new Harleys…sort of New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Two new Harleys…sort of

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Two new Harleys…sort of

As predicted by MCN last month Harley has announced two further new models for2013 – the Breakout and a new Special Editon version of its enduring Street Bob. The Breakout is a long and low-slung chopper-style machine based on its Softailplatform and distinguished by its black and chrome 1690cc big twin engine, 240-section rear tyre and thick, long forks. It also has...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 March 2013 16:44)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
triday12

Jun 06

triday12 says:

Who spends that kind of money on such a pile o' shite !!!

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

cetdac!

Maybe thats why Triumph are doing so well! But as regards the Japs, they are giving people what they want. Where would Moto GP, Britsh Superbikes, WSB etc be if not for the Japs? Don't see any Harleys on the grid! A Harley fan friend of mine bought a workshop manual for his bike (a new model!) and said it was the most technologically primitive engine he had ever seen. Another friend of mine who worked on a Harley dealers parts counter left because he was sick of the posers who never went anywhere. One guy took his bike in for a service and when he took it in the year after, the mileage recorded was the distance to his house and back again!!! I'm not saying they are all like that but the majority are. Whenever I do any touring, the majority of bikes I see are BMWs, very rarely do I see a Harley. More riding and less polishing I think!

Reply to this Topic
ChimneyPortions

Oct 11

Addiction

I have a 98 Evo Fatboy. It is the biggest pile of primitive melted down angle iron on the roads. It's engineering is straight out of the Ark. It weighs more than my car, it is slow, the footplates scrape on every corner I try and go round fater than walking pace, the brakes are shit and I can't go out in the rain or the chrome will fall off. But for some reason I love it, it makes no sense. I have had sportsbikes my whole life but now my ZX10 sits in the garage and is hardly used.

Whatever you do don't try a Harley you might get addicted.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Half-Century

Harley-Davidson was competitive in performance and technology (compare an original 1957 Sportster to any European bike of the same vintage) up until about 50 years ago, when the Japanese starting designing bikes for the European and US markets. In the 1970’s they realized that they could not compete technologically or on price with the Japanese, so they starting selling an image and Lifestyle™ instead.

Reply to this Topic
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

Shake...Rattle...And Roll.

Could'nt agree more Chimney Portions (got to be a story with that Avatar),had a go on the Fatboy,the guy said in the dealers you have an hour,i was back in 20 min.What a Pile Of Crap and 14k to buy.But like you say and Piglet it's a Harley and their's nothing else like it

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Harley

you either get it or you don't, if you don't then that's cool. I love bikes,sports, cruisers, cafes, X'ers, sm's, adventures, nakeds, trials what ever. If I had the readies i'd have one, not as good as a Thunderbird Storm, but anyone who buys one knows that. Harley an enigma?...yes, long live Harley :-)

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

They are, after all, bikes. If you don't want one, don't get one. No, I don't own a Harley, but really enjoyed my time on a rented one a long time ago. There are posers on all sorts of bikes, especially those who resort to taking grinders to their knee sliders (you know who you are!). For me personally, if I can get enjoyment and pleasure from a bike, that'll do ta.

Simple really, innit?

Reply to this Topic
daveire

Sep 10

daveire says:

I hired one on holidays a few years ago. Just for one day and it was so cool. I couldn't live with one everyday but I would have one before a Goldwing or a pan european class of motorcycle. Each to their own I suppose.

Reminds me or a joke.

What has a scooter and a fat girl got in common?  Both are fun to ride until your friends find out.

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

Bob?

This is going to upset people but I quite like one of those. I'm not sure which one it is I like but it's the red one.......possibly the Breakout?

I've never understood Harley names. dynaglide, fatboy, streetbob....Bob..........Bob?!?

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

@ kl595

Bob comes from bobber.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobber_%28motorcycle%29

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN