Skip to content

Discuss This Two new Harleys…sort of New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Two new Harleys…sort of

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Two new Harleys…sort of

As predicted by MCN last month Harley has announced two further new models for2013 – the Breakout and a new Special Editon version of its enduring Street Bob. The Breakout is a long and low-slung chopper-style machine based on its Softailplatform and distinguished by its black and chrome 1690cc big twin engine, 240-section rear tyre and thick, long forks. It also has...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 March 2013 16:44)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cmc1

May 08

cmc1 says:

Here we go again

People are very quick to slag Harley off and most of them have never ridden one.

Harley's apppeal to a different market and they they market them very well. Yes they are slow and have ancient engineering but some people like that. The one thing you do get for your money with a harley is a lot of metal and good customer service . People also like to add to or customise their bikes. Halrey know this so they provide. If you have a GSXR your probably limited to adding a tail tidy, new exhaust and crash bobbins. with a Harley the skies the limit (dpepeding on your tatse)

It's a different market sector, get over it.

Harley - Triumph

Suzuki - Kawasaki

Ford - Vauxhall

Canon - Nikon

Apple - Samsung

Adam and Eve - Adam and Steve

Who gives a Sh*t

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Hmmm

I also hired one on holiday for a week and it wasn't unpleasant and it suited me and the girlfriend down to the ground but I wouldn't pay 15 k for any bike be it a bobber hob nob billy bob RR HP6. Unless of course it was an RC45 or something along those lines which I would proberly just look at it and droool. I dont think I could do leather jackets with tassles either. All hail all you chaps riding what ever you ride and ride safe.

Reply to this Topic
mercymercyred

Jan 10

mcn tv harley vid

Having just watched a Harley video exuding all the virtues of pride of ownership and the lifestyle that goes with owning a Harley bit hairy and mullet hairstyles for me

Reply to this Topic
mercymercyred

Jan 10

mcn tv harley vid

Having just watched a Harley video exuding all the virtues of pride of ownership and the lifestyle that goes with owning a Harley bit hairy and mullet hairstyles for me

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

piggy wiggy wiggy

Piglet:

I know bob was short for bobber. It was a joke that obviously no-one picked up on (or chose to ignore). My picture is Blackadder. In an episode of Blackadder he says Bob in a kind of weird way and.... oh nevermind.

I am liking that 240 rear tyred thing. I like it. Not sure about the price but in 10 years time a scooter will cost you £15k, so maybe it's a sort of investment and like mercymercyred said, you can grow your hair and a beard and on-one will think bad of you. No more shaving and long hair.....I am liking it more by the minute!

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

haircuts

Anyway, what's wrong with a mullet? I had one because I wanted it to grow and look like Dave Vanion. In the end I looked like John Taylor and had it chopped off. Then I went through a number 3 phase and looked like a furry tennis ball. These days I look like a badger! Flaunt it while you've got I say   :)

I like the idea of being a long haired badger with a beard riding a Harley!

Reply to this Topic
yiman

Mar 13

yiman says:

Bikes

Been riding bikes for years. Brought up on Triumphs and Nortons then tried Hondas & Suzukis. I tend to like anything on 2 wheels and can't understand why some cannot accept others like to ride something different to their own preference. I've even ridden a 50cc Yamaha scooter and it was great for it's purpose. I now ride a Harley (and have done for many years and for lots of miles) and do like the idea of the Breakout but find it a bit expensive like just about everyone. If you ride a bike you get my vote, ride it safely and enjoy.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Oh dearie dearie me, amazing how a little tongue in cheek humour can upset people. 'twas nothing more than a little bit of fun. Remember FUN? What biking's meant to be? Or have the sense of humour Police moved in.

Changing the subject slightly, bloke goes in to a car spares place and says "Can I get a wiper blade for my Kia?"

Man behind the counter says "Sounds like a fair swap to me".

Reply to this Topic
sandmacker

Oct 10

sandmacker says:

New

If it didn't have the word new , I wouldn't of known the difference . They all look the same to me .

I can't seem to relate to what these bikes are about either .Ego ? Vibration ? For they appear to be pretty well useless at what most other bikes are designed to do  .

Have I got this right in as much as you get off a Harley numb thinking ego's not a dirty word ?.....and broke !

Should that title be named "Two OTHER Harleys" Why they do don't they . That explains the "SORT OF".

No disrespect but sheesh , talk about flogging a dead horse ! At least Eric Buell made the Harley motors interesting , and they took him for all he was worth also . Doesn't even own his own surname any more .

Please Harley .........enough !  15645 pounds ! Where's the money going into ?

Reply to this Topic
Room101

Oct 12

Room101 says:

I quite like Harley’s for what they are, but its obvious they have totally run out of ideas. I guess this keeps their paint-shop busy until the new water-cooled models come along. Cant wait until this forum gets stuck into those : - ) £15645 will get you a damn good bike together with some toys like highlift cams, Akro zorsts or Ohlins boingers. Even the MoCo’s salesmen are losing the plot now, and they did at least have a sense of humour.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices