You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > carb icing

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

wally34

Dec 11

wally34 says:

carb icing

latest theory on poor running could it possibly be carb icing.All the research i have done leads me to think that this is what ias making my zzr100 runerraticaly at the moment .Just put some pro fst in tank and do a test ride tomorrow,heres hoping.Anyone had any experience with this product good or bad.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 March 2013 20:07)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wally34

Dec 11

wally34 says:

carb icing

well the pro fst has worked to a certain extent ,aftrer a carb clean and k and n filter fitted.I had a slight amount of spluttering and fluffiness so stopped the bike as advised by aide r and waited four minutes,bike started with ease and carried on three miles to work with bike idling at a stop.Cant be fully comitted to endorsing pro fst but there is something in it that makes a difference,for example when bike starts on choke it revs more freely than it used to.

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Rev.

I wouldn't credit Pro FST with anything more than easing carb-icing problems, which it's good at in my experience. I'd say a readiness to rev is more likely due to the additional carb work you've done (-or the placebo effect).

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices