You are in... Forums > General > General > Looking for recommendations

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

BikerToBe

Dec 12

BikerToBe says:

Looking for recommendations

Anyone have a recommended place for me to go for my Direct Access in the South of England - I'm in Watford J20 of the M25, I'm looking for a gem you guys know about that maybe be cheaper than what I'm looking at (£600 5 day) but still get me through ...

...on another note, did my CBT last Thursday- my first time on a bike ever, and I bl00dy well loved it. 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 March 2013 20:24)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

The price

you put there of £600 is probably about average - I don't think you'll find it much cheaper (if you do, ask why).

That said, there's a lot to be said for running about on a cheap 125 for a few months; it'll give you road sense / mileage / experience that just cannot be crammed into a 5 / 6 / 7 day DAS course, plus it'll give you time to get NCB on the insurance (always likely to be a sizeable bite from a budget).

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Not sure

what DAS prices are and I'm a bit further south than Watford, but 600.00 doesn't sound too bad considering what you could end up with at the end.

Just read your profile and see you like the KTM 690, a very nice bike and one I'd not considered until Preunit pointed me in that direction:smile

However it wont be replacing my Mare of choice just yet:biggrin:

Also agree with Adie, even a few months on a 125 especially if you are commuting will be invaluable and still very early on in the season so hopefully plenty of time

Reply to this Topic
BikerToBe

Dec 12

BikerToBe says:

125's

Yeh, I'm not naive enough to think I'd walk into a 'busa or something but what I REALLY want is the Duke 390 coming out in April/May. And considering I could afford it when it arrives, it's in the 125 shell and it would be the bike I want (no spending money on a 125 that's just a stop gap) I'm going to try and DAS it. 

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

I love

enthusiasm especially in the cold:smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN