Skip to content

Discuss This New £1.3million Think! Motorcycle campaign launched General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > New £1.3million Think! Motorcycle campaign launched

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

New £1.3million Think! Motorcycle campaign launched

The Government has launched a new £1.3million campaign to get drivers to look out for riders at junctions. Radio and petrol station ads will run from now until May urging drivers to take longer to look for riders. Ads will also appear on Video On Demand TV, aimed particularly at young drivers.  The campaign tells drivers to ‘see the person behind the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 March 2013 13:35)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DamianJ

Feb 09

DamianJ says:

My mate knows me and as a consequence tries to take out motorcyclists at every opportunity ;)

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Think!

This is all people need to do, really. They just don't.

Reply to this Topic
crawsue

Aug 09

crawsue says:

Perhaps Steve Farrell

might like to check out the "Think Bike" website......y'know the one where everybody can get a "Think Bike" sticker? Yeah? Well you can't, they aint got any and they havn't had them for at least 6 months! All the website will say is that they will despatch when they come back into stock.......so much for the biggest road campaign of the year.......sorry,mate, I didn't see you....or my sticker.

Reply to this Topic
markinnormy

Jan 09

markinnormy says:

Screen etching

Just get the words "Think" etched into the windscreens of Audi's and BMW's. This could seriously result in fewer motorcycle collisions. Oh and Mercs. And did I mention Range Rovers. Seriously though, why anybody fails to see 200 kilos of metal and 80 kilos of human, usually with a headlight switched on is beyond me.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Can't fault the intent

And they've actually identified the problem - cagers not seeing bikes, or not giving a toss.

Now, how about reminding constabularies that mashing someone up in your cage isn't a case of "well, they're hard to see, so fuck 'em, they know the risks".

Reply to this Topic
Vortex1952

Mar 11

Vortex1952 says:

See?

The problem is not that car drivers (Audi's; BMW's, Merc's etc) "DON'T SEE" motorcyclists! It is because they "DON'T LOOK" car drivers indicate and turn as simple as that.

The highway code states that  drivers or riders M U S T ! "LOOK + INDICATE + LOOK AGAIN = TURN! but few people do that, now a days they indicate and turn, expecting the world to stop for them.

I see that stupid behaviour everyday on the A3 Toolworth.....sad!

Reply to this Topic
wak1309

Jun 10

wak1309 says:

@ Crawsue

Completely agree! I tried to get some more stickers when I read the campaign was ‘ABOUT’ to be launched. The THINK website said “This item is currently out of stock and will be despatched as a priority as soon as stock is available.” (yes I know dispatched is spelt wrong!)

Tried again today thinking that if the campaign is ‘ACTUALLY’ launched, they’re bound to be in stock…….No!

I emailed a rather snotty comment and got a phone call back….
If I want some I have to phone them on 01300 123 1102 and they will post some out!

Nice and easy to get hold of then? How about making them available at Petrol Stations where they propose to advertise????

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

"In 2011, 74% of......

Motorcyclists Deaths and Injuries involved another vehicle"........................ Stick that on the front page..... Send that to the Government......... Protest outside the Courts....... Tell the Insurance companies....... Present it to the Police......... Introduce Yearly Training for Car drivers, Pensioners, Phone/texting users, Fuckwits, Drug takers, S.M.I.D.S.Y.S. ect, ect...... BUT LEAVE US THE FUCK ALONE.

Reply to this Topic
cbr9429

Dec 09

cbr9429 says:

its the driver not the car

I dont understand the whole "oh its all mercs, audi's and BMWs etc" Since when does the car dictate the idiot behind the wheel?

eg: I wanted to scream at the woman in front of me yesterday on the A406 in her red Citroen C1 - jumping two lanes at a time every 10 seconds without any indication. Oh yeah and I happen to own an Audi A4

Reply to this Topic
bazule

Feb 13

bazule says:

SMIDSY

I do alot of miles and I can honestly say the there is just as many nobs in vans, fords and whatevers than there is in an other car. and Yes I drive an Audi - but I also ride a bike, anyone hating on these cars is either small minded or jealous IMO

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle