Skip to content

Discuss This New £1.3million Think! Motorcycle campaign launched General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > New £1.3million Think! Motorcycle campaign launched

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

New £1.3million Think! Motorcycle campaign launched

The Government has launched a new £1.3million campaign to get drivers to look out for riders at junctions. Radio and petrol station ads will run from now until May urging drivers to take longer to look for riders. Ads will also appear on Video On Demand TV, aimed particularly at young drivers.  The campaign tells drivers to ‘see the person behind the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 March 2013 13:35)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
markinnormy

Jan 09

markinnormy says:

Dream on jealous. The only reason you drive your Audi's as well as you do, is that you ride motorbikes and this gives you an appreciation of the road that all bikers posses. I have plenty of footage shot from my helmet cam to back up my assertion about certain models of cars. Oh and by the way, I've owned an Audi as well. It was ok, nothing more.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Hardly new, is it? Car drivers not giving a shit about bikes, because generally, if they have a coming together, who comes off worst - not the driver. It's been a fact of life since I don't know when, but modern society encourages the use of gadgets at all times. They let the dim witted amongst us abrogate responsibility to an electronic mum. Perhaps I am getting to be an old phart (okay, I am) but I truly yearn for the days when road users actually had a bit of respect for one another - the pioneer days of riding/driving, when courtesy was both expected and granted.

Reply to this Topic
Room101

Oct 12

Room101 says:

look for stickers at the dealers

Checking a view twice before pulling out will be one solution to ‘the gorilla test’ and ‘visual looming’, just two of the reasons ‘they’ don’t see ‘us’. But, as another poster notes, they don’t, as they are too lazy and are now ‘experienced’ drivers (experienced at being lazy bad drivers). The post-problem solution is not just fines and points but compulsory training courses. A friend of mine in the states had to attend ‘training’ every Saturday for 6 weeks – she forgot the fine years ago, but she still moans about attending that bl**dy course and having her summer robbed. 

The pre-problem solution is awareness and reminding. Most car drivers are not evil, its just that we are not a priority to them. I have the Think Bike stickers in my van (we should all get these stickers) pretty shabby that they are not available from the www as they claim, I picked mine up from the local bike dealers, look for them there.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ruxxy

Oct 09

ruxxy says:

Old news

This campaign has been around for years. It's no newer than my pants!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices