Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati explains Austin test absence MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati explains Austin test absence

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati explains Austin test absence

Ducati has confirmed financial and technical reasons were behind its decision not participate in the forthcoming MotoGP test at the new Circuit of the Americas in Texas. The three-day test was initially privately arranged by HRC for Dani Pedrosa and Marc Marquez, but Yamaha’s factory squad will now also attend with Valentino Rossi and reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo. LCR Honda...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 March 2013 15:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Cant afford it my arse. No new parts then and no answer to the problem.

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

Basically, he's saying the duke is that bad, they're not bothering to go because they're that far behind Honda and Yamaha in times. I wish he would make his mind up, first it's the rider not used to the DNA of the bike, now it's the bike that needs parts.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

He's right

Gobmeier that is. Going to Austin may have gained them a tenth on HRC and Yamaha at what expense?

Their presence in Austin will add up to nothing outside of PR. Bad PR and further embarrasement at that.

Reply to this Topic
stompmyduke

Mar 08

stompmyduke says:

Absence

Ducati undoubtedly have new parts to test, more new than Honda/Yam's who have already tested most (but not all)of theirs. Duke will need to test parts at a circuit they already have data for - hence Austin will be a waste of dosh. It would be interesting to know how many of the 'new' bits hail from the Rossi years. Audi had told Rossi that many of the parts he had asked for (over 2 years)would become available in 2013, and that he should stay with the Ities. As we know the Doc was in hurry, and left anyway.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

In terms of bike development it makes more sense to test new parts in Jerez where they have data to work from than at a new track where they have no datum to gauge themselves against (other than Honda & Yamaha's performance). But they'll have no data to help them in the race in Texas.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Ducati ?

I really hope Ducati will improve this year but I dont think they will.Call me pesamistic if you will but I dont think Audi will make a lot of difference & I think they only want Ducati for theyre brand.Buying Ducati was just another asset they own.

I hope Im wrong.I think Rossi made the right choice when he ditched Ducati & lets be fair Rossi does know how to develop a bike & so did many of the big name riders before him who had the missfortune of signing for Ducati.

I have a funny feeling that if it dosnt work out for Ducati in the next 2 or 3 years then they will be gone from Moto GP just like Kawasaki.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Pragmatic approach..

..from the German's safe pair of hands. Gobmeier is talking a lot of sense and Ducati's view of the American test is bang on the money. If their immediate rivals, such as Crutchlow and the like were to be there, then there would be a legitimate reason to make the trip. But without comparable data and parts to test, why just go to make up numbers? That was the old Ducati way, if they want to make appreciable steps forward from hereon in, they have to keep to a plan..

Reply to this Topic
Desmoman916

Nov 09

Desmoman916 says:

With the way money is

Why have Honda and Yamaha spent all that money going to America to test when they could have tested in Europe?  Yamaha pull out of WSB because of money then go and waste money on testing in America. Sensible move by Ducati not to go!

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

REMEBER THIS !

Ducati will withdraw from moto GP defo by end of 2014, but possibly end of this year subject to results.

Yoy heard it here first.

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Lorenzo 99

Thats the reason behind thier iminent withdrawal

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN