Skip to content

Discuss This You Ask/You Answer: When is it ok to give other riders advice? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You Ask/You Answer: When is it ok to give other riders advice?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

You Ask/You Answer: When is it ok to give other riders advice?

"There is a rider in my area who I see out often with pillions, he is fully kitted out with helmet, gloves, boots and leathers while the pillion only gets a helmet. It could be argued that this is fair enough when the pillion is an adult and is happy to ride in jeans, trainers and no gloves as they...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 March 2013 16:20)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
greenturbobob

Nov 05

Yes..

if its correct!!

Reply to this Topic
bertieboy20

Feb 13

bertieboy20 says:

Let the idiot get on with it who cares another idiot sports bike rider gonna kill his pillion.

Reply to this Topic
Rowdygimly

Jan 09

Rowdygimly says:

Seriously?

It,s another bullshit post,who picks their kids up with a bike in this weather with no protective gear on ?:

Reply to this Topic
daveire

Sep 10

daveire says:

bertieboy20  Have a reread of your comment. What did a sports bike rider do to you?

Reply to this Topic
romford4

Oct 05

romford4 says:

Mind your

owon business. Unless he's a complete idiot, he's unlikely to be speeding with his kid on the back.  Probably riding in 30mph limits back to his house, his kid is in no more danger than he would be riding a pushbike on his own.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

I'm sure this has been on here before, but this seems to be an amalgamation of 2 similar articles. Hmmmmm.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Of course it's a fake question

You Ask / You Answer is the MCN version of Dear Deidre. "One thing led to another and before I knew it I'd bought a Harley. Now, should I get the assless chaps, or tassels on the handlebars?"

Reply to this Topic
PaulFargo

Oct 12

PaulFargo says:

Adult helmet on a child?

This is a massive no no. The space seperation from the helmet to the childs shoulders is too big for a child's neck. Should a fall occur they could possibly snap their neck.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Or you could make a suggestion like 'Hey, mate, did you you know Lidl and Aldi are having a cheap bike clothing sale this week? Money could be a problem. You need to be careful about giving advice coz if you give it and then theres an accident or some other problem, you don't want that person coming back blaming you. Basically, you need to be fully confident that you know what you are talking about.

Reply to this Topic
SStyloF

Oct 10

SStyloF says:

the question is..

"when is it ok to give others riders advice?"

When it saves a life or when it doesnt endanger one. Worst the guy can do is tell you to bugger off, then youre conscience is clear. my opinion

whats with the hating bertieboy. each tohis own.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices