Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi impressed by ‘beautiful’ Circuit of the Americas MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi impressed by ‘beautiful’ Circuit of the Americas

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi impressed by ‘beautiful’ Circuit of the Americas

Valentino Rossi might have been slowest on the opening day of the private Honda and Yamaha MotoGP test at the new Circuit of the Americas yesterday, but it didn't stop the Italian from falling in love with the long and technical Texas circuit. On a first day dominated by a lack of grip, Rossi ended fifth behind Marc Marquez, Dani Pedrosa,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 March 2013 10:01)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

CThwaites, I don't understand..

..It's still the Rossi era - if he's the sole saviour of the sport, why are viewing figures declining as you suggest?

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

my goodness wosi

Are you suggesting anyone with antipathy towards a particular rider isn't a proper race fan? Anyway, I've certainly never cheered another rider crashing out, which is more than can be said for a large percentage of yellow "race fans". Suzi even tells us that most of them stopped watching the past two years.

Reply to this Topic
glm7354

Mar 13

glm7354 says:

Hello from Athens guys!!

When Rossi stop race 80% of his fan stop to watch race because they wathing Rossi, not the race.It's the same people who watch Schumacher, not F1, like Hollywood celebrites.Most of them they are not racefun, they watch motogp like fashion.Its better without them.

Reply to this Topic
klacto

Oct 12

klacto says:

Suzi

Such a pity MotoGP couldn't tempt Suzi Perry back to its coverage. She is a universe better than Mat and Azi. She gets the riders to speak clearly and in a relaxed way because she is intelligent, interested, has knowledge of the sport and is beautiful. F1 viewing will go up because of her, there being little else to make it interesting. MotoGp viewing figures will struggle unless The Doctor can get on the podium. Being fast isn't enough. Casey, Lorenzo and the flying midgets i.e. Pedrosa and Marquez just don't have charisma. As much as it must stick in the throat of many posters here Rossi does, oh and he's FAST.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Stoner don't count because he's such a misery guts.. as you know, a lot of it is for the benefit of our criminally challenged cousins in Antipodea who reckon they're the best at everything and don't enjoy it being pointed out they're not.

I quite like Casey's attitude really..I'm gonna miss taking the piss out of his tea-bagging rentboy fans.

Anyway..Rossi is Rossi Pal..enjoy it while you can, last of the old 500 warriors. It won't be the same when he's gone.

Reply to this Topic
glm7354

Mar 13

glm7354 says:

Rossi win championship? If someone believe in miracle then he think that.

Reply to this Topic
willc955

Jun 12

willc955 says:

ouch! another rossi word jab

Anyone else notice Rossi's loaded comment at the end of this interview?  I'm sure he'd much rather have 3 races in Italy.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Writing on the wall this year without serious intervention from Yamaha and dare I say Rossi.. Despite Jorge bagging a 2nd title Yam are nowhere near the force they were only a handful of seasons ago.. Even a rookie on the honda is beating Jorge for fun and Dani hasn't turned the wick up yet and is still comfortably ahead of the yams.. More of last year on it's way.. The yam needs serious attention, Jorges smoothness only works when the opposition isn't as quick. As soon as they are he has nowhere else to go and last year was incredibly fortunate. But for dorna messing with the rules I'm not coinvinced he'd have won any races at all last year. Lets hope they allow Rossi and his team some input in to the yam or their season is over.. maybe it is already...

Reply to this Topic
moto4

Oct 12

moto4 says:

vale

I agree with CHR and Wosi (no matter how much they'd prefer nothing in common?) MotoGP will bebetter for Rossi on a competitive machine- I'm a Rossi fan but not obsessive and I think he's had more help than anyone to get the results noone else has got- but HE still got them. I think his head went at least year 2 at Ducati (rumoured to try get out at the end of year 1 too if I recall) and his riding didn't look committed. Returning to yamaha he looked reborn, full of life. Already though his head looks to have dropped a little and the smile looks alittle more forced. It could be the joy of riding a bike he can ride has settled and now looks around at the task of beating the Spaniards and has doubts- just maybe? Although he said he didn't know if he'd be competitive etc... I believe he thought he would be and with good reason- he believes he's better than Jorge and he won the championship ergo, so can he. Sadly, Yamaha look nowhere near the force they were incidently when Rossi left- perhaps that too is cause & effect. Maybe, as some in the paddock have suggested, Vale's leadership was more trusted and his pushing more accepted by Iwata. Maybe they just find Rossi more interesting too! I find it all fascinating in a way I don't with WSB, regardless of their relative on track racing.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Really don't see why 3 races are in the USA. The measly amount of fans who turn up on race weekends is always pretty poor - nothing like the European races. Sure they want to sell bikes over there but come on Dorna! 4 Spanish races, 3 in America and only 1 for England?! at least put in the time and effort to go racing where the crowds are big and appreciate a Motogp race.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices