Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi impressed by ‘beautiful’ Circuit of the Americas MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi impressed by ‘beautiful’ Circuit of the Americas

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi impressed by ‘beautiful’ Circuit of the Americas

Valentino Rossi might have been slowest on the opening day of the private Honda and Yamaha MotoGP test at the new Circuit of the Americas yesterday, but it didn't stop the Italian from falling in love with the long and technical Texas circuit. On a first day dominated by a lack of grip, Rossi ended fifth behind Marc Marquez, Dani Pedrosa,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 March 2013 10:01)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
LCTanner

Feb 13

LCTanner says:

Its swings and roundabouts when it comes to Honda and Yamaha in Motogp. Honda will always have the grunt down the straight and out the corner so a track like COTA'S, Aragon and Qatar will favour  them. Yamaha are stronger with agility,corner speed and stability under breaking. Having said that  Jarvis, Lorenzo, Rossi and even Dani must be a little concerned as to what MM is doing with a bike he's only been riding a matter of days in total.  His speed and style has been compared to that of Stoner, for me that is where the similarities end.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

It's better to burn out than fade away

What's that pale yellow gaunt ghostly sceptre hanging around the Yamaha pit these days?

Truly pathetic snivelling by the immensely hypocritical Wosi and Hardly lean. They've got 250hp to play with coming out of corners. Stand it up and drive the thing if you want to stick with the two HRC boys. The sweet M1's as good as it's ever been.

As for Yamaha's new nr.2 famed feedback. I believe it doesn't extend much beyond "I dunno, I'm not an engineer".

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Hmmm...

"The test here was organized by Honda to cover three days, but we knew from the beginning that two days would be enough for us," explained Yamaha Team Director Massimo Meregalli.

So they've managed to confirm from Sepang what works and what doesn't.

If Bradl's splitting the factory Yam's then the Honda is working well. Yamaha have got some work to do, and I don't think that involves sitting multiple premier class world champ's down and telling them to "adapt", or "pick the bike up sooner."

The implication here is that Jorge would struggle on the Honda. Hmmm...

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Dino says..

..Just 'stand it up and drive it out' advises our resident dinosaur expert, whose experience of riding fast amounts to doing Fred Flintstone impersonations on his wheezy old air cooled twin to propel it forward out of the tight hairpin at Mid-Boonie-Central go-cart track.

Yabba-dabba-do Nostrodumbass..a future career running your own imaginary racer school beckons. Bulto can be your first customer in an attempt to shed the stabilisers from his DT125.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
LCTanner

Feb 13

LCTanner says:

I want to know why MCN didn't report on Lin Jarvis's decision to hold a 2 minute silence after Lorenzo announced he was taking over development of the M1.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

Lin Jarvis

For LCTanner's benefit here is the transcript of a conversation between Jarvis and Yamaha bigwig Hiroyuki Yanugi that took place sometime in mid-2012 

YANUGI-SAN: Good morning Lin. Listen we have had some preliminary conversations about Valentino Rossi rejoining Yamaha next year. I wanted to get your views before taking it any further.

JARVIS: What the f**k? Are you kidding me? Remember when we were trying to sign a new rider for 2008 and he vetoed absolutely anyone who he thought might beat him? Then we finally managed to sign Jorge, but then after the first round Valentino was hurling abuse at us for hiring a competitive rider after all he'd done for Yamaha, and I'm not even going to mention Estoril. I swear I saw him rubbing olive oil into Jorge's tyres before practice in Shanghai, so we banned him from that side of the garage, but then he starting stamping his feet and wanting us to build a f**king wall down the middle. Remember the f**king wall? Why the f**k we agreed to that I'll never know. And then there were all the little f**king primadonna things like wanting a plate of prosciutto and melons arranged like a sun before each race. You ever tried to get f**king prosciutto in a muslim country like Malaysia Yanagi-san?

YANAGI-SAN: I thought you'd feel like that, but as you can probably imagine marketing are pushing this quite hard. They are also arguing that it would be good for development of the bike.

JARVIS: Marketing are a bunch of f**king morons, I'll bet Ducati's marketing said the same thing. What do they think their Valentino is up late at night on autocad with the engineers? Give me a break, we get just as good feedback from Jorge and the test riders. Then we produce new parts, they try them and either like them or they don't. How's my budget looking for 2013 by the way? You realise Honda will probably be kicking out even more horsepower next year and we can't get Carmelo to pull another trick like the 4kg this time.

YANAGI-SAN: I'm with you Lin, but you understand this will ultimately come down to a business decision. We still don't have a major sponsor after all. I will revert about the budget

JARVIS: (Sighs). Yes I understand Yanagi-San. Whatever happens I will make the best of it but f**k me.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Yes Wosi, I can see how you can make that connection...

...FROM AN ASYLUM! 

Ducati not going is a tactical decision based on a well formulated plan. From where they stand, there's little to be gained by making that trip, particularly as Jerez is just around the corner. Yamaha on the other hand is a different kettle of pasta. Why cut short a day of testing ( when you're already there ) or at the very least learning, when there is very little to lose but much to gain? - just doesn't make sense. 

Perhaps Rossi's mini bar bill tipped them over the edge?..

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Weskit.

Quality.

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

See below Rainman

"The test here was organized by Honda to cover three days, but we knew from the beginning that two days would be enough for us," explained Yamaha Team Director Massimo Meregalli.

Or is anything that Yamaha says now invalidated because of the association with Valentino?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Tactical decision..?

BAA-HAHahahahaa AAhhahahaha...ooh fk me CHR..stop it.

Can we expect a sneaky run on the rails at the Japs, now they've got eveyone fooled into thinking beating the CRTs would be an achievement?

Hahaha..I best get down the bookies..  

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices