Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi impressed by ‘beautiful’ Circuit of the Americas MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi impressed by ‘beautiful’ Circuit of the Americas

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi impressed by ‘beautiful’ Circuit of the Americas

Valentino Rossi might have been slowest on the opening day of the private Honda and Yamaha MotoGP test at the new Circuit of the Americas yesterday, but it didn't stop the Italian from falling in love with the long and technical Texas circuit. On a first day dominated by a lack of grip, Rossi ended fifth behind Marc Marquez, Dani Pedrosa,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 March 2013 10:01)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
pogo_it

Jul 05

pogo_it says:

Ps. Where did rossi finish in his second season? (or if you are counting moto gp as separate fromm 500cc, first season)

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

I do find it funny that you bring upn that he beat rossi in 2007

Why?

There is nothing funny in it and there is nothing anti-Rossi in it. It was merely to illustrate that in his second year in Motogp, an uninjured Pedrosa finished 2nd in the championship, ahead of Rossi who was seen as the benchmark at the time - which means he is a bit better than Wosi gives him credit for.

From 2008 Pedrosa has had injuries to contend with - which I mentioned, therefore missing races deprives you of points doesn't it. Since you ask he beat Rossi in 2010, a year they both missed races due to injury.

If you want to read anti-Rossi undertones into that, then that's up to you.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Ps. Where did rossi finish in his second season? (or if you are counting moto gp as separate fromm 500cc, first season)

What relevance is that

Reply to this Topic
pogo_it

Jul 05

pogo_it says:

Sorry bulto, what I was bringing to the table was that, whilst I like pedrosa a lot, and was hoping he would replace rosssi in time, he managed to finish above rossi in his second year in the top class, rossi finished above everyone in his second year in the top class. I think pedrosa is an amazing rider, and wouold love to have seen him string a (or preferably a couple) of uninjured championships together. I apologise If I make less thanmnentire sense, I am less sober than ism sensible

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Well he is not really an Alien anymore is he?

IMO Rossi's lack of competitiveness at the last 2 tests (.78 and +1 second of the pace) proves that Casey Stoner would have been winning races on the Ducati the last 2 years. The only conclusion that can be gleaned from pre season testing is that Rossi is old and slow and is indeed finished.

Circuit of the Americas – Private test – Day 2 results:

1. Marc Márquez – Repsol Honda Team – 54 laps – 2’03.853

2. Dani Pedrosa – Repsol Honda Team – 58 laps – 2’03.976

3. Jorge Lorenzo – Yamaha Factory Racing – 65 laps – 2’04.351

4. Stefan Bradl – LCR Honda MotoGP – 49 laps – 2’04.640

5. Valentino Rossi – Yamaha Factory Racing – 67 laps – 2’04.960

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

PoR...

0.78 is probably more representataive of how far off the pace he is in general... 1.1 is at a new circuit... there is only 1 new circuit on this year's schedule, which emphasises the importance of getting some practice in here for him... imagine turning up & being 3 or 4 seconds of MM's FP1 pace!

Yamaha were suggesting they'd not bother with day 3... I can't see them pulling out now with the 2 Repsols ahead & Rossi plumb last... unless they see it getting worse & intentd to return in April with some updates.

/Edit... they have pulled out. Must feel that, despite finding major improvements after a suspension tweak, they have nothing more to gain in this test. Let's see how MM goes on day 3.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I am surprised you bring up 2007

pogo. It has already been established by expert opinion on this and other forums that actually winning the championship in that year (the winning rider in that year also being in his second year in the premier class) was meaningless.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Strange decision by Yamaha..

If you've committed to spending to around $150,000 for testing purposes, why on earth would you decide to miss the final day? If for no other reason than to get your riders up to speed with a new circuit, particularly as one of those riders has suggested he needs time on the bike to reacquaint himself. It's an odd move..

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Totally agree, a bizarre decision, two things spring to mind, Yamaha know what most folk know, there bike is way behind the honda and two, they see no point till upgrades arrive.. Jorges direction hasn't worked out for them, I wonder how much influence Rossi's feedback is having.. ?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Hypocritical oddities..

Almost as odd as you defending Ducati not to go at all?

Yamaha know they can't make up the time difference they lose out of the hairpin corners onto the drag strip straights..the HONDA LANE is officially back, not that it ever really went away.

A little bird tweeted that Rossi was losing a second in sector 2..the back straight. Probably even more past the pits.

No point beating your head against a wall is there?..just like Gobmeier said. Most of the Orange posse agreed.

Yamaha need to get their finger out. Marquez is exceptional but he's a rookie. Bradl has never podiumed, Pedrosa is into his 8th year of the best passport ride going without a title..and they're making combined 9 time MotoGP champs Val & Jorge look silly?

C'mon you limpdicks..it's all about the machinery.

5 engines & 20 litres plays into HRC's hands..just like they planned it.

Yamaha will struggle, even if they gamble with an untried new gearbox.

Everybody seems to be spouting about the makings of a fantastic season?..well we say that every year after the cold turkey of closed season.

Talking of Turkeys..any chance of Bulto observing forum etiquette and stop double/triple posting with his mindnumbing drivel? Absolutely no credibility whatsoever.. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices