Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi impressed by ‘beautiful’ Circuit of the Americas MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi impressed by ‘beautiful’ Circuit of the Americas

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi impressed by ‘beautiful’ Circuit of the Americas

Valentino Rossi might have been slowest on the opening day of the private Honda and Yamaha MotoGP test at the new Circuit of the Americas yesterday, but it didn't stop the Italian from falling in love with the long and technical Texas circuit. On a first day dominated by a lack of grip, Rossi ended fifth behind Marc Marquez, Dani Pedrosa,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 March 2013 10:01)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
monkeyninja

Sep 11

monkeyninja says:

Hedgehog

Just what Motocuatro reported on their article. Don't think the two-bikes-each took away from the fact the Honda is much more sorted and, more importantly, better suited to COTA.

Let's face it, the Spaniards have got their finger on the pulse of MotoGP and can hardly have an axe to grind with MM DP and GL in the top three.....

...and it was just an interesting and fresh perspective compared to all the wall-to-wall coverage across the web screaming about Honda and MM's speed.

Reply to this Topic
monkeyninja

Sep 11

monkeyninja says:

Wosi

Reckon Yamaha must have scarpered back to Yamamatsu feeling a bit worried.

Perhaps they were tempted to steal Honda's spare bikes and paint them in Yamaha colours.....

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Honda & Yamaha

The best manufacturers in Moto GP bar none,but which one is the best ? Difficult to say because they have different strenghts & weaknesses & are always changing.They both seem to play leap frog with each other over the corse of the season.

Honda is best known for its acceleration & speed while Yamaha its handeling propertys ie high corner speeds & stability.Each manufacturer has chosen riders to best suit theyre machinery & get the best from it.

So which one is best ? We will never know.It would be interesting though if MCN were to do one of there little polls though to see what people think.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Be interesting to see Lorenzo on a factory RCV ninja..do you reckon he'd be slower than Pedrosa?

I don't.

The Yamaha will be closer at some circuits but, the Honda is stronger than last year when it won 12/18..comfortably taking the manufacturers title.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

el diablo

I was agreeing with someone about the last 5 years. If you want to be picky and not compare entirely unreasonable things like head to head records, agostini has the best record of all, not that from what I can glean he was better than rossi, or hailwood for that matter.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Lorenzo on a honda !

Wosi - Oh yes,very,very interesting indead.Even more interesting would be Lorenzo,Casey,Dani,Marc & Val all on a factory Honda all going for pole.As long as the circuit isnt Philip Island but then what circuit would you chose ?

As for Dani vs Jorge on the same bike I would have to chose Jorge but I dont think that Jorge would get it easy for one minute.Dani has uped his game regardless of the Hondas leap forward in my opinion.I hope he continues to ride at the impressive level he found at the end of last season because hes going to need to with both Jorge & young Marc next to him on the grid every race.

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

He had plenty of time to admire the sights

I suppose that's one of the joys of being flat out in 6th on the downward slope of your career, you have time to notice the little things you couldn't see when you were fast...

Reply to this Topic
spdmon

Aug 09

spdmon says:

Lorenzo was very lucky

Lorenzo was very lucky last year! He can thank Dorna and Camelo for that title! He was lucky in 2010 too. Yes, he has upped his game for 2010, but he didn't have real competition. Rossi was out, Stoner was on a bad bike, and Dani has crashed at Motegi. Lucky champion!

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Lorenzo's luck

spdmon - I would agree with you that Jorge was lucky last year in Dani's bad luck at the end of the season,Casey getting injured & the rule changes that effected Honda.Not to say that Jorge did'nt deserve the title because he most certainly did but yes he was defanatly lucky.However luck is luck & it does'nt make Jorge any less of a champion as a lot of champions have had more than they're fair share of luck.

As for 2010 ! No,I strongly disagree with you.Jorge Lorenzo was on a mission & he won fair & square & I don't think anybody was going to stop him.Even if Rossi had'nt brocken his leg he would not have won,no way.

You can discredit any one & all with coments like " They were giftet the win " or " They were lucky " but which ever way you go a win is a win & history cannot be re writen.Lorenzo was world champion in 2010 & is the reigning world champion fact,end of.

Reply to this Topic
spdmon

Aug 09

spdmon says:

He was lucky, that's all

He was lucky last year, that's all. Everything went as it should for him, Dorna was messing with the rules which made Honda slower, Dani's bad luck, Casey got injured, Valentino on a bad bike. He was lucky. 

About 2010. That was the most boring season of all. Does anybody disagrees? As I have already wrote, he has upped his game for that year, but he didn't have real competition. Rossi was out, Stoner was on a bad bike, and Dani has crashed at Motegi. Lucky again! 

About his riding. As someone wrote earlier, "Jorges smoothness only works when the opposition isn't as quick" and that's true. Does anybody remeber that he won any battle? No, because he didn't. Rossi beat him real bad a couple of times, Stoner too, last year Dani. He doesen't have real racecraft, but he is constant I'll give him that!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices