Skip to content

Discuss This Bikers arrested over motorway marriage blockade General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Bikers arrested over motorway marriage blockade

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Bikers arrested over motorway marriage blockade

Four men, including the groom-to-be have been arrested following a marriage proposal in which hundreds of bikers blocked a Californian motorway. The groom and three friends were all arrested for the ‘investigation of misdemeanour public nuisance’ and ‘participating in an unlawful assembly’. The 24-year-old groom, Hector Martinez of Covina, California was also arrested for investigation of ‘exhibition of speed’. As many as...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 March 2013 16:22)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ImperialManiac

Nov 12

Love it

This is just fantastic, who cares if some cars got held up, there was so many bikers that there's no way any of them could have been hurt, at worst a cage got held up for 2 minutes. Boohoo. I often wonder what's happened to the free and chilled out stereotype of a biker, because MCN is full of old people banging on about how it used to be so good. And most bike forums are full of people telling other riders off/whinging/talking about insurance. It seems to me that most riders care more about how well polished their bike is and what the/MPG/BHP and insurance figures are, rather than actually enjoying riding the bike. Saying that, generalising is pointless really, I have one friend who when I ask him how good is bike is, he quotes the MPG and insurance figures. lol. Another friend of mine is the complete opposite and nearly smashed up his yamaha sr125 trying to make it do a wheely. They're both foolish as far as I'm concerned, I see myself somewhere in the middle. I enjoy riding the bike more than I think about how it's damaging the wallet, but I'm not an idiot driver either. TL;DR: This is pretty much harmless, some riders do stupid shit but this really isn't that bad.

Reply to this Topic
tim8061

Apr 10

tim8061 says:

Knobs

If you can get enough synapses firing, which I doubt, consider this. There's probably some of the folk held up on that road who make the decisions that really affect us - politicians, judges etc. SO next time a piece of anti-biker legislation is in front of them what do you think they will do? They'll smile and stick it right up us. Just what we need, all because of knobs like you. Thanks a lot.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

KNOBS.....?

Maybe.... Spineless, Boring, Wet, Whimps..... not. Sticking it up us is the norm.....some of us see it........ most except it.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Motorway?

It is a freeway, not a motorway.  :)

Reply to this Topic
rockabillyboy

Sep 10

Old news and  in the U.S. where people think they can do as they like .  Only here in the U.K. where just about everything is illegal  and we bikers are a unliked  minority , would  people be outraged .

Reply to this Topic
scotsmaninusa

Apr 10

why is it old news ?

they where arrested on the 12th of March and MCN published it on the 13th

Reply to this Topic
Moke1275

Jun 10

Moke1275 says:

No rules - nirvana..........

As someone who arrived at a hospital emergency unit with less than two minutes to live I guess I am grateful that these self centred morons didn't choose  my local road to do their selfish, thoughtless thing at that crucial time. I am sure they deserve each other.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

moke1275

You live in an area of the world Free of Traffic Jams?...

Reply to this Topic
Moke1275

Jun 10

Moke1275 says:

Snev that is such an irrelevant remark, sincerely hope your "two minutes" is not lost to a pointless , meaningless act by those who think only of themselves.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

moke1275

Yeah. fair shout, I can see how you would take that remark the wrong way. Thanks for the Curse though.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices