Skip to content

Discuss This Will the Japanese topple the Europeans' grip on the superbike market? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Will the Japanese topple the Europeans' grip on the superbike market?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Will the Japanese topple the Europeans' grip on the superbike market?

In recent years the Japanese sports bikes have lost their way a little, with the Europeans catching up... Will the Japanese manufacturers ever topple the Europeans' new-found grip on the superbike market?    

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 March 2013 11:31)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Grip?

so what are the figures...? Are the European Bikes Outselling the Jap Bikes ? is this someones Opinion ? The Ducati's, Aprilia's BMW's MV's are all fantastic Bikes but so are the Honda's, Suzuki's Kawasaki's and Yamaha's, The Jap's are Clever, they don't chuck yen's at a retracting market. The Europeans have seen this and moved in. I would love to buy a replacement for my Busa but fear that I will be in for a long long wait. As for the Sportsbikes? we will see.

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

Markets and tastes are changing. For me, as I've been banging on about for ages and I apologise, an SV1200 would be something I would be very interested in. As good as a BMW S1000  or a GSXR1000 or Fireblade is,  they do not interest me. Ducati's make some bikes with appeal but price is a limiting factor for me. So in the meantime, I'll carry on with my 05 Speed Triple as I love it but I could be persuaded by a 1200 v twin from Suzuki with up to date (not ohlins) suspension, no fancy electronic gadgets but  with decent brakes and and all round everyday appeal at a sensible price. No, not the adventure style concept bike but something based around the SV1000 but just bring it up to date at a reasonable cost and I'm in.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

kl595

SV1200.... Oh Yeh.... awesome. Want one and a new Busa...1500cc Six... no poncey Electronics (X-box shit).

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

I think theres room for everyone in the market but at the end of the day, it will be the manufacturers who give people what they want who will survive as seen in the collapse of the British bike industry up to the 70s and 80s. The old firms said 'this is what you are getting' whereas the Japs said 'what do you want' although it took them a while to develop their ideas to completely flatten the Brit bike firms.

And Snev, have you thought about a turbo for your Busa seeing as Suzuki aren't getting their act together for you? As my dear old mother used to say, you should write them a stiff letter on a piece of cardboard!!

Reply to this Topic
daveire

Sep 10

daveire says:

Its all swings and roundabouts. And its good to see European manufacturers doing well. Long may it last.

Reply to this Topic
zoobaz

Oct 10

zoobaz says:

yeah - an SV1200 would be great..

...as long as it was physically a bit bigger. I've got a '53 plate SV1000 (only 14k miles on the clock - v clean!)  which i love but it's physically a very small bike. I'm 6' 1" and if I go to work on it (75 mile commute up the M1) i'm knackered with cramp by the time I get to work...my ZX10 is similarly small but the Sprint ST fits me like a glove. so maybe that's the reason - are european bikes built a little bit bigger to fit a european sized person?

Ta,

Baz

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

zooBaz....

you may be onto something there... my Aprilia seems to have been designed for an orangutan

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices