Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Marc Marquez fastest again in Austin MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Video: Marc Marquez fastest again in Austin

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Video: Marc Marquez fastest again in Austin

Repsol Honda rider Marc Marquez stayed in charge of the private MotoGP test session at the Circuit of Americas in Texas yesterday after the Spaniard narrowly edged out teammate Dani Pedrosa on the second day. A best pace of 2.03.853 put Marquez 0.123s clear of compatriot Pedrosa on another day dominated by the all-Spanish Repsol Honda line-up. Marquez’s best time was almost...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 March 2013 11:54)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

I once bought a cheesburger from Ronald McDonald.

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

sheene fans

a little something for you

http://www.cyclenews.com/306/20870/Racing-Article/Barry-Sheene---Ten-Years-After.aspx

and nostro there a pic of a young rossi with sheene in there to help make your day too!

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

the world according to wosi

where you are in possession of absolute truth and everyone else is biased.

As I have said I don't see much problem with Rossi's times at Austin; he has always been faster on race day even on the ducati, and 1 second off a young seriously quick guy like marquez with no sense of his own mortality on a new track with a new surface is not bad imo. It would be stupid to risk an injury from a pre-season testing crash at this stage in his career, and stupid he isn't. I also think that it is impossible to over-rate him in general.

This doesn't make your constant subtext (ie that rossi's wins are always a reflection of his pure riding talent, and his losses due to bike problems/the bike advantages of others, while all other riders only beat him by bike advantages, and never have bike problems but just whinge or make excuses about imaginary ones) correct.

You have recently cited a ducati guy concerning the engine issues of the current ducati and their effect on rideability. Do you really think that the 2007 screamer engined ducati with more primitive electronics was somehow easily rideable, or that rossi would have won the championship on that bike? Whatever straightline or tyre durability advantages the 2007 ducati may have had relative to the following years were only of use if you could get the bike through the corners with sufficient rapidity, and there is absolutely no evidence that anyone other than stoner employing by the testimony of many (including valentino and jb) a unique and impossible to replicate method could do this.  

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

I see that black book

Of excuses is out already.....

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

well dani is already making excuses as to why he wasn't as fast the last 3 days, he had a bad neck, is it the same one dovi had at the first test.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Ah-YAaawn...

Much better now thanks Nostro, that rocking worked a treat and sent me off like a baby.

Glad you enjoyed the little link, although I swear you were big-upping 'Crazy Joe' not long back, telling us all how his bravery & shit or bust style was just the thing Ducati needed while predicting good things for the D16 in 2013?

Funny how a few words of praise for Rossi can turn it all round for you innit?..wouldn't be the first time, as DE can attest to. Perhaps you should get yourself a top of the range recliner Pal.

Oh..and thanks for the link. I couldn't agree more. Crosby was a big talent and it's nice to see how comfortable he seems in his own skin nowadays. Winner at the TT, Daytona, Imola & Suzuka...don't make 'em like that anymore.

Did he get the Moriwaki? Be great to see him on the burgeoning classic scene with the thing..maybe the Isle of Mann is calling him back. 

You've probably clocked it, but if you haven't head over to the latest motopodcast.com for some good stuff from the recent WSB meet. You'll chuckle at the Robby Phillis interview.

http://www.motopodcast.com/

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

You're confusing me with another Wosi

I've always maintained Manic Joe's biggest problem in the premier class is going to be his riding style which mimics that of the Yamaha nr.2. Let's see if he can adapt to a more modern style exemplified by the HRC boys. As it stands I see him being eaten alive by Dovi & Spies.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

I hope rossi can....

Pull something out the bag or he ain't gonna get a sniff of the podium, never mind a win

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

I gave shakey Byrne advise on trainers once

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

wosi's world

is his own as mine is mine,but unlike most on here we dont think it the ONLY WORLD!!! WHEN ROSSI IS GONE HE WILL BE GONE WOSI AND THE SPORT WILL GET OVER IT, MAYBE YOU WONT.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices