Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Marc Marquez fastest again in Austin MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Video: Marc Marquez fastest again in Austin

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Video: Marc Marquez fastest again in Austin

Repsol Honda rider Marc Marquez stayed in charge of the private MotoGP test session at the Circuit of Americas in Texas yesterday after the Spaniard narrowly edged out teammate Dani Pedrosa on the second day. A best pace of 2.03.853 put Marquez 0.123s clear of compatriot Pedrosa on another day dominated by the all-Spanish Repsol Honda line-up. Marquez’s best time was almost...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 March 2013 11:54)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
LCTanner

Feb 13

LCTanner says:

I think if Stoner had spent less time impersonating a champion he could of done better in motogp generally.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Marquez and wet

Was it Estoril in 125 some time back and combined chaos ? He,like Stoner will probably excell when slippery. Elbow support slider/knee slider combo,target to target apex corner focus. Much the same style,Gabarini in the data mix,it shows.

LC Tanner ! Still rabbiting on about Stoner ? Have you not heard the news nor witnessed it you clown.

Freddie Spencer and Casey Stoner are part of MGP history and that's about it.

Marquez is the new big deal and deservedly so.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

I stand corrected

Bultoboy - Sorry,my error.I have only really followed Moto GP since 2003 & I do not reserch it.Thank you for putting me right on my mistake.I should have said that no rookie has recently won a championship in Moto GP or since 1978.I take my hat off to youre superior knoledge on this subject.

Any way the point I was trying to make was the odds are staked statistically against Marc Marquez winning this year purely from a rookie perspective.He may win though as you say he could,Ben Spies won WSBK as a rookie so Marquez could beat the odds.

I say the best of luck to him,hes not my 1st or 2nd favorite choice but if he can do it then fair play to the lad.As long as I get to see good racing then I dont really care who wins,may the best man win.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Stoners slow - LOL

caseyslsGONE - Im still waiting for youre reply ! Come on mate,Im really looking forward to youre next post.Dont let me down,just get on that keyboard & let all that anger out & impress us with youre words of wisdom :)

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Put your hat back on..

MotoGP wasn't MotoGP in 1978..Kenny won the GP500 title first time out.

The top class of GP racing was rebranded 'MotoGP' in 2002..to allow for the 4T 990's.

Previously, if you wanted to race a 4T engine..it had to be 500cc. 2 strokes are banned from MotoGP.

You're right #99..Bulto's wrong, AGAIN.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Well spotted Bootlegger....

Re: LCTannner

We could ad Roberts to your equation of generation changing riders.

Roberts: Rear wheel steering and knee dragging (arguably the first but defo first to make duct tape sliders).

Spencer: Front wheel sliding (as a way to finish braking!!!) and rear braking to reduce wheel spin (old school ECU).

Stoner: First of the no fear gyro controlled robot riders.

MM: ??? I haven't figured it out yet but he is nuts, in a good way! ??? 

Can't wait for the flag to drop on 2013, .......... errrrr.......... lights to go out I mean? Showing my age!

Ciao Mama's!!!

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

stoner's impersonations

of a world champion were  rather convincing on 2 occasions LC, much more convincing than any attempts by you to be droll or witty of which I am aware . 

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Whatever Wosi

People generally refer to the 'big' class a Motogp now, which includes the old 500 days.

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Stats don't lie.

Wins v starts percentages.

1. Stoner  38.8%

2. Rossi   38.1%

3. Lorenzo 24.6%

4. Pedrosa 23.2%

Marquez is currently running at 33.3%.

Agostini 65.5%

Doohan 39.4%

Rainey 25.2%

Schwantz 23.8%

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Impersonations ?

Did Casey really impersonate a champion ? Which one & how ? Casey was a really champion,no need to impersonate & very much his own man.You could say that Jorge tryed to emulate Rossi at the start of his Moto GP career with the celebrations etc but Casey !

Casey is a legend in his own right love him or loath him.Any way why do people always have to throw in an insult to Casey every bloody time even if the topic has nothing to do with Casey.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices