Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Marc Marquez fastest again in Austin MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Video: Marc Marquez fastest again in Austin

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Video: Marc Marquez fastest again in Austin

Repsol Honda rider Marc Marquez stayed in charge of the private MotoGP test session at the Circuit of Americas in Texas yesterday after the Spaniard narrowly edged out teammate Dani Pedrosa on the second day. A best pace of 2.03.853 put Marquez 0.123s clear of compatriot Pedrosa on another day dominated by the all-Spanish Repsol Honda line-up. Marquez’s best time was almost...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 March 2013 11:54)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CaseyIsGONE

Feb 13

CaseyIsGONE says:

casey stoner is probably the slowest rider we've seen for about 10 years

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Slowest rider ?

CaseylsGONE - I was going to slate you,but no.Instead I will ask you to explain & give evidence to back up youre statment that Casey is probably the slowest rider weve seen for about 10 years.I like the way you use the word probably as well as if you arnt really sure about youre statment.

So please reply,Im looking forward to reading what you post.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Given such an utterance

it's abundantly clear that 'CaseylsGONE' is the slowest little limp biscuit in all of MCN land. Well done, no mean feat in the face of such mentally flacid competition.

Reply to this Topic
LCTanner

Feb 13

LCTanner says:

Although Danni seems to be putting a brave face on it with a wry smile to the camera as he enters his garage, the difference between the two riders demeanor says it all. Danni may as well be on the moon as far as MM is concerned. If Danni thought he had it tough with Stoner, a rider full of self indulgence who could never get over himself, then he's gunna get well and truly duffed up when MM eventually gets his head around the RCV proper. No wonder Yamaha ran to DORNA to get the points system up and running. Its the only way there precious flower Jlo's gunna win it.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

That's no way

to talk about the Rev

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

yes lc

if stoner had been less self indulgent he doubtless could have had many more than 23 wins on the ducati 800 (as against 1 by anyone else , and none by your boy).

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Fishing

Looks like CaseyisGONE has gone fishing like his namesake and caught some billy bob bass. Reel them in son. On the Honda test Pedrosa didn't look happy did he. I watched some other interviews on you tube and he isn't looking like an odds on favorite in his minds eye.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Just testing !

Great to see Marquez doing so well,just what Moto GP needs,some one to stir things up a bit.However do bear in mind its only testing.Dani wont be a push over & nor will Jorge or Rossi.

No rookie has ever won a Moto Gp championship in theyre 1st season so it looks highly unlikly that Marc Marquez will,but it looks like he will have a very good go at it from these results.My money would still have to be either on Jorge or Dani though.Not really sure which one at the moment but definatly one or the other.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Conservative and about right Lorenzo #99

Much complaints about the M1 emmanating from one side of the fence. The ground war may be ever so tilted in HRC's favour right now. Rider wise,in terms of the long haul to the title. George has got 99% of the bases covered,not least his team mate.

Dani and Marc ? Formidable lineup in terms of talent. Waiting in the wings, Stefan and Alvaro. The pair of them are slipping under the radar but will pounce on any failure and exploit it to the n'th degree. Neither lack talent at this level and are perfectly capable should a member of the elite ensamble fail.

Then there is the Ducati story. Dovi has come on leaps and bounds with the beast in short order, much like he did with M1 1OOO last season. Granted, he's a second back from the last test, Sepang 2. I don't think Jerez will do Ducati's cause any favour's in Jerez. de la Frontiera. On the other hand if the joker in the pack comes into play by hook or by crook, don't cry foul.

You all know the drill by now. Surfeit of horsepower, tyres and blah,eh ?

I do hope Ducati and their riders close the gap exponentially and it is absolutely plausible.

Jerez test shocker on the cards. Austin. Well its been a HRC/Yamaha poke. Entertaing. Certainly !

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Rookies winning

No rookie has ever won a Moto Gp championship in theyre 1st season so it looks highly unlikly that Marc Marquez will,

Didn't Roberts back in '78?

I still think if a rider is good enough and is given the right bike they will do it. Riders at this level adapt pretty quickly to a new bike, whatever the class. Usually, rookies get a second string bike in their first year so the odds are against them anyway. If MM testing form is a true indication of his performance against the others in races, then there's no reason he shouldn't do it. I wonder though, how he'll fair in wet races. He didn't look so good in the two wet races I saw him in last year, Malaysia and Valencia, the charge to the win in Valencia came once the dry line appeared, in the wet he was stuck around 7th and crashed out in Malaysia from about the same place.

It will be interesting watching it unfold, so yes, interesting times ahead.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices