Skip to content

Discuss This Suzuki Bandit and SV650 Owners Needed! First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Suzuki Bandit and SV650 Owners Needed!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Suzuki Bandit and SV650 Owners Needed!

MCN is looking for Suzuki Bandit and SV650 owners for an upcoming feature! We need Suzuki SV650S or naked N both old and new style (tubular and pointy frame) Suzuki Gladius ownsers, as well as Bandit owners, old air/oil cooled 1200/1250 and 600/650 as well as water-cooled 650/1250 versions. Just fill out the questionaire below and email it with a head and shoulders...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 March 2013 09:56)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Rotop

Sep 12

Rotop says:

What are you lot doing with the info? I've had an SV650N Curvy, bandit 600 and now have a SV650S Pointy.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Since you brought it up

Suzuki appear to have dropped the Bandits (apart from the plastic "GSX650/1250F").  What's up with that?  Is that an official end-of-life in favour of the "SVF" (Gladius as-was) or what?

Not that it really matters, since their UK sales are so far down the toilet that they've got sewer 'gators chewing on their wheels.

Is it possible that when Suzuki UK join Suzuki USA in going bankrupt or "restructuring their debts", that there's going to be some pretence in the UK bike press that nobody could have seen it coming?

Reply to this Topic
Rotop

Sep 12

Rotop says:

Bubblin

Read the article - it says email the info, not to post it in a comment.

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

SV650 Questionaire

1) Describe what an SV650 is like? It's like a puppy on a lead.

2) Is it a bike you can get attached to or just use for transport? I loved mine but sadly it had to go.

3) Was it perfect? Naagh far from it but it was just fun to ride.

4) Would you have another? Oh God yeah!

End of questionaire. Surveymonkey would like to thank you for your participation.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Cars, not bikes

Suzuki US's bankruptcy was to wrap up the automotive operation, and not related to sales of bikes and quads.

Reply to this Topic
zoobaz

Oct 10

zoobaz says:

We've had both...

I've had a 1200 bandit and my missus had a SV 650 (her first bike) - she loved it so much she bought an SV1000  when she sold the 650 to her bro. he's still got it and still loves it, it's been in the familt 6yrs now..

SV650, on a 'T' plate;

Miles covered: 4,000 when we bought it, 11,000 now
Why I bought it: cheap and loads of fun -

The good:  FUN!!! easy to insure, easy to handle, fab exhaust note, quite quick in the midrange
The bad: slightly soft forks and rear shock when 2-up, could do with a centre stand, apart from that not much!
Verdict: great bikes for the money
Tip: keep cables well greased / oiled and keep the front calipers maintained.

Bandit 1200 (2004 on a 54 plate, I owned it for 3 months)

Miles covered: 8,000 when I bought it, 8,400 when I sold it
Why I bought it: admin error by CMC in Nottingham

The good: comfy, smooth engine, relaxed cruising, did 55mpg, handled OK when loaded up
The bad: not much bottom end, not much midrange, not much top end, vibrates, poor finish, plastics feel cheap, fuel gauge very inacurate, lights rubbish
Verdict: OK for the price
Tip: there's better out there from other munufacturers

Verdict on both bikes - the SV650 is miles better for the money, easy to work on and feels better built than the bandit. Both are good bikes though if you don't mind a bit of tinkering now and then - something that's difficult on some new bikes from some other manufacturers....

Bubblin - I've had 4 triumphs and I don't hate your bike! Ilove them :)

Ta,

Baz

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices