Skip to content

Discuss This Norton to expand into stately estate General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Norton to expand into stately estate

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Jack Lewin  says:

Norton to expand into stately estate

Norton has bought, and is to move its production into, the nearby Donington Hall and surrounding 25-acre estate, the firm announced today. The shock move sees the currently Donington race circuit-based manufacturer buy the stately home, the adjoining, modern 45,000 sq ft Hastings Hall – which will become Norton’s new production and design facility – and the surrounding 25 acres. Donington...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 March 2013 13:15)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

Hubris - I thought it was a plant

Hubris? I took SatNavSteves advice and looked it up on the internet (don't do google anything, even maps) and to my shame I thought I was reading about myself !!!

Nice pad tho. It sends out a message that says he's made it. He's still yet to produce bikes in large enough volume to justify the extravagent mansion but that's what rich people do. They do very little but seem to acquire all the status symbols to elevate them to a social standing greater than that of the average knob without actually doing much.

I guess Triumph factory tours are now looking a bit grim when you can have a Norton factory tour and stay in a massive mansion overnight and be pampered by scantily clad maids bringing you gin and bitter lemons while fanning you with a huge palm leaf as you bathe in a pool of asses milk.

I've gone too far there, haven't I?   

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
46clarky58

Mar 13

46clarky58 says:

Garner

I'm glad that Norton are moving into these new premises , being a major player in motorcycle manufacturing , a TT race team and a Moto GP outfit I think a stately home is the only way forward . If only John Bloor had done the same Triumph might have been successful too . As an ex waiting list Norton punter I've heard so much b*llocks from these people you never know what to believe . I feel sorry for the people that work for him .

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

so...

The first Norton bike produced here should be called the "HUBRIS".

Reply to this Topic
records1990

May 12

records1990 says:

Norton??????

They are too expensive for regular riders, they are not avaiable, if you can wait long enough you might just get one, they may be hand made but riders want a bike they can afford to buy, and I can see them going down like the Hesketh, also it's no good critisizing Triumph because at least they are available, they are affordable and they have a good range of bikes, and they are being produced in large numbers.

Reply to this Topic
sparkyboz

Feb 06

sparkyboz says:

Does this mean I have to doff my hat and tug my furlock whenever I see a Norton? We are just not worthy and should know our stations, Blast it Jeeves and fetch my angry trousers.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle