Skip to content

Discuss This Rider group’s fury as hit-and-run drink-driver walks free General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Rider group’s fury as hit-and-run drink-driver walks free

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Rider group’s fury as hit-and-run drink-driver walks free

The Motorcycle Action Group has accused courts of ‘inconsistent sentencing’ after a hit-and-run drink-driver walked free from court. MAG President Ian Mutch attacked the ‘leniency’ of a suspended sentence handed to Thomas Scully, 63, who was more than twice over the legal alcohol limit when he pulled out on a motorcyclist. Scully, who had spent hours drinking in a pub before getting...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 March 2013 13:18)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ACEEDSTORM

Oct 10

ACEEDSTORM says:

Lets face it.Bikers are second class citizens in the UK & this sentance is totaly consistant with what is normally handed out to idiot drivers who maim/kill us.I'm glad the lads bike was  legal,they would have thrown the book at him & probaly twisted it into being his fault.Also,what has the fact he was wearing protective gear/hi-viz clothing got to do with it,it isn't law to dress like a stormtrooper & be seen from outer space to ride a bike in this crappy country or does the fact you aren't make an accident your fault now?

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

"although they may have been considering his family I suppose

"considering his family" LOL they'd be better off without that piece of shit tbh. 
What about Michael Daniels's family?, the magistrates should've thought about them as they're the ones that have lost a son, brother, friend while that fat fuck walks away virtually scot-free. 

Un-fucking-believable.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DonkeyBoy

Jul 11

DonkeyBoy says:

Bean

@preunit, did you even red the article? 'The fact that this rider did not die should not justify the leniency of the driver’s sentence.’ The kid didn't die you peanut!

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

DonkeyBoy

My apology, you're indeed correct, I read "leaving 17-year-old Michael Daniels for dead" and the red mist fell. Saying that, this is one in a long line of "questionable" sentences when bikes are involved. This cnut should never drive again and do time!.

Reply to this Topic
oily1984

Mar 09

oily1984 says:

Absolutely shocking if not surprising. A few years back I was side swiped by a motorist pulling out after I'd alerted her to my presence and reduced speed. Then she drove into the side of me breaking my ankle and whilst lay down in an ambulance some jumped up prick of a policeman tried to insinuate it was somehow my fault.

But it all worked out as I obtained his PC number from his shoulder boards filed an official complaint and the blame was 100% on the other driver. Although I still feel she should of atleast been charged with driving without due care and attention.

Reply to this Topic
JiggyJ

Feb 10

JiggyJ says:

Sad, no change there...

A similar thing happened to me, although not so serious, thankfully. 4 or 5 houses from home, neighbour pulled out of a side street into my path, I tried to stop on a sixpence, was thrown off and broke my shoulder blade and elbow on the road (missed the car) and wrote off my bike due to it slapping onto the tarmac (bikes dont roll so well sideways on, do they?...). The driver stood over me and said you were speeding mate, then walked off telling neighbours how careful a driver he was... Oh, and he moved his car, parking it away from the scene of the accident. When the police came the made sure I was ok (thank you), pushed my bike to my house, took a staement and then proceeded to tell me "that was a learning curve, mate" as I was loaded into the ambulance car. No measurements, no breathalyser.... It took 2 1/2 years to resolve with my solicitors very strongly insisting that I accept 10% of the blame because the police officer was going to stand up in court and say I was riding too fast for the conditions... (on a 30mph road 4 or 5 housed from home??? yeah, very likely). My solicitor felt that the judge would go against me as the courts are "very anti biker...." That was in 2007... some things never change :(

Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery to Mr. Daniels

Reply to this Topic
specialsparky

Jan 10

... unbelievable

... un-f**king believable!!! To the innocent victim Michael Daniels I wish you a full and speedy recovery... and to the witness who followed this serial-offending scumbag drunk and stopped him, took his keys and called the police, I just wanted to say that it is people like you that restore my faith in human nature. Thank you for doing what you did.

... and as for the so-called 'Justice system'... you are beneath contempt... nothing more, nothing less

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices