Skip to content

Discuss This Rider group’s fury as hit-and-run drink-driver walks free General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Rider group’s fury as hit-and-run drink-driver walks free

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Rider group’s fury as hit-and-run drink-driver walks free

The Motorcycle Action Group has accused courts of ‘inconsistent sentencing’ after a hit-and-run drink-driver walked free from court. MAG President Ian Mutch attacked the ‘leniency’ of a suspended sentence handed to Thomas Scully, 63, who was more than twice over the legal alcohol limit when he pulled out on a motorcyclist. Scully, who had spent hours drinking in a pub before getting...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 March 2013 13:18)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Vigilantism?

When the government fails to serve the interests of the people as a whole, the people no longer have a moral obligation to follow the rules of the government.

Reply to this Topic
yammy7r

Apr 09

yammy7r says:

Here Here piglet lets have a revolution

Reply to this Topic
scotsmaninusa

Apr 10

why don't you just print his address

then whoever can go round and kick the shit out this moron.the government/judges seems to think bikers are scum of the earth in a class of their own.maybe we should start acting like it starting with this piece of shite

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

£1.3 million spent on "Think! Motorcycle Campaign"

What a waste of money when our retarded legal system is unable or unwilling to prosecute and lock up Drunk, Texting... (insert your own distraction) killer cagers. Putting reflective stickers on helmets (New French Law :wacko: ), Ad campaigns and the like have never been proven to save lives, but locking up killer drivers and handing out lifetime bans to those caught, just might.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

May I add my thoughts as to a correct punishment? First, make the drink drive limit ZERO. Then for any offender, a year's imprisonment with a compulsory regime of drugs and alcohol testing while inside. While they're inside, their vehicle is sold at auction, the price made is the cost of their fine. When they finally leave prison, their mandatory ban starts. Minimum one year.

It goes for ALL road users. It might make some of these oxygen thieves think twice, but then again......

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Mandatory Sentence?

Do not know about the UK, but here in the colonies leaving the scene of an accident one causes while drunk would earn a person a mandatory prison sentence, even if the victim is a motorcyclist, pedal cyclist, or pedestrian.

Reply to this Topic
bob the builder

Feb 03

What`s it going to take before people like this go to prison for drink driving, maybe the next time he hits a biker, pedestrian, etc, and kills them, maybe, just maybe, he will go down, but I doubt it.

The law is an arse in this country.

Reply to this Topic
Sket1234

Feb 12

Sket1234 says:

Problems in UK

This is sick and proves the problems in the uk, it just like the cooper who hit someone whilst on there phone and got away with it.

Reply to this Topic
bigbroon

Aug 07

bigbroon says:

this stinks he nearly kils someone going about their business should be in jail and not given licence back.Bikers get jail for speeding.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

billysollocks

I agree - there needs to be an instant, fixed punishment for drink driving just like there is for no insurance. I think your punishment sounds fair. The lack of a custodial sentence for a serial offender is an absolute farce, although they may have been considering his family I suppose. Personally, I think he's the one who should be considering his bloody family.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices