Skip to content

Discuss This Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism' MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism'

Valentino Rossi has revealed more about his fractious relationship with Ducati in MCN's exclusive new interview (out on Wednesday). The 34-year-old's comments throw new light on the team's inability to make progress back up the grid – a problem he says stems from their inability to trust its riders when they point out a problem with the bike. He says in the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 March 2013 14:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Doohanfan...

...Asking Wosi to substantiate one of his dodgy "facts"...........

More chance of him whistling waltzing Matilda with a boomerang shoved up his arse.....

Good luck with that.

Reply to this Topic
636darren

Apr 12

636darren says:

this site

Is now, and has been for some time, a ground for constant trolling, abuse and nonsense. Good riddence to most of you.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Fundamentals

Jerry Burgess -the most successful spannerman of the last 20 year who workedclosely with and  helped Doohan and Rossi to their back to back titles made the following comment        he said      ''the difference between Doohan and Rossi is that  Mick enjoyed the winnning  and  Valentino enjoys the racing''.  Same with Casey he enjoyed the winning.

Over the hill  or not  that's why Rossi is still there and Casey isn't.   Same can be applied to Colin Edwards - several have said why is he still there - why didn't he retire years ago - because he enjoys his racing.

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Saturn...

If Rossi enjoyed the racing, why not stay at Ducati and enjoy the scraps with the mid pack boys....Surely he went to Yamaha because he enjoys 'winning' more....

As for Edwards, nobody could ever accuse him of riding on and on because he enjoys winning.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Pommy irony?

First up, FFS what's this 'cookie' business that is preventing me from opening up the stories on this site? I don't even fucking well like biscuits!

Anyway, no surprise an Italian complaining about another Italian not being able to take criticism is it? The thing is that they've always won multiple races most years before Flo applied his genius so his little diversive moan is just that.

And a good kick in the nuts last week for those other excuse makers when Honda confirmed their 213 and 212v were all 90deg V-fours! Oh how I laughed and now I'm just waiting for that cocksucker from Motomutters to write his next instalment of excuses for the failure of his no.1 subject of masturbarory fantasy. Sorry Wosi, and I bet you thought you were the only one! Hahaha...

And now we get some pinheads trying to tell us the bloke who abandoned a bike cause he couldn't ride it out of sight on a dark night and a loud mouth yank who's never won a race in his privileged decade long career, don't care about winning. Oh dear.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Mark

I think you are fundamentally missing the point!   In any case I was just quoting from the man who has been closest to the action for many many years.

Bob - agreed mate (cookies) I've neary chucked my laptop out of the window a few times.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Oh Dear Bob

Go and beat up your pillow - dispel that anger.   I guess your opinion is better than Burgess then and as for Honda running 90 degree V fours - so what - proves only that the Honda package is far superior to Ducati's. I'll wager that dismantled side by side the only similarity would be the angle of the cylinders.

The trouble with you anti-Rossi brigade is that your hatred outweighs your rationale.   Take a look at Doohanfan's posts  if you want a balanced view !!!!

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Just read this elsewhere and it certainly doesn't sound like Flo's ex-team mate would agree with his assessment!

"maybe we tried too hard and tried to make progress too quick. Probably maybe even took a few steps backward without even making any real progress. But then again, it had a lot of benefits. When he (Rossi) talked, people listened, and he did get stuff done in a hurry.

Clearly a willing employer who probably and somewhat unfortunately subscribed to the same reasoning as most fans on these sites. Sounds like they did everything they could but just like most engineering projects, if you put shit data in, the result won't look or smell pretty. Development genius that Flo isn't he? Hahaha...

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

thanks saturn

but I am under no illusions that I am unbiased. It is against all logic not to recognise that rossi is a very great rider though.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Bollocks at Bologna..

Now't wrong with a good old wank Bob..although I'm not sure you should use your lips so often like most of the moaning boner fans do regards Casey here?

All the stars allligned for Stoner 2007 and he couldn't get near repeating that success again. His results went south big style..consistently worse with more and more crashes til he jacked, funnily enough for the same reasons as Rossi..apparently?

Thing is..he liked the CF bike and pushed for it's introduction early?

With the step up Honda made mid 2010, and has continued forwards with every iteration of the RCV since, to overtake Yamaha as the best manufacturer..where do you think Ducati would be without Rossi?

If Rossi had stayed at Yamaha and Casey had gone to Honda 2011, they'd still be running around now with a CF 1000cc bike struggling to match Aprilia.

Their health insurance premiums would be the single biggest outlay. There'd be no Marlboro and probably no Audi..but Prezel would still be there - Hooray! - his head buried in reams of data, ears stuffed full of cotton wool that he had spare from his head..with all riders having to spend a mandatory week at the shrinks inbetween the Sepang tests.

Funny how Honda can make a 90deg V4 new for 2012, and win two-thirds of the races on it fresh out the box, when Ducati can't do a thing right with their old dinosaur, innit?

Funny how nobody has kicked the Alu frame into touch and recommissioned the CF bike Stoner BEGGED for?

Funny how the revised fuel tank/ECU repositioning, credited for cutting times to the front at Sepang2 and first seen for a lap at Mugello last year, was never implemented again until after Rossi left?

Funny how Preziosi don't work there anymore if Rossi & Burgess haven't got a fkin clue? 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices