Skip to content

Discuss This Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism' MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism'

Valentino Rossi has revealed more about his fractious relationship with Ducati in MCN's exclusive new interview (out on Wednesday). The 34-year-old's comments throw new light on the team's inability to make progress back up the grid – a problem he says stems from their inability to trust its riders when they point out a problem with the bike. He says in the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 March 2013 14:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Easy option...

...packing it in. Takes guts, steel, and character to get up and back in the fight. Easy to slink away when things don't go well.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Rossi

I dunno about retiring , Rossi obviously loves the sport , must be difficult to think about , I wouldnt write him off on test timings . I think all those lads out there are fkin amazing riders . I hope Marquez ushers in a new era and wins at his first try though .As for living in the past ?: some journo asks Rossi what it was like at Ducati , he tells them , I doubt he rang MCN to tell them :). For me the biggest wanker to have graced GP racings top step has to be the sublime Mick Doohan , more skill in his shoes than I ever had , but what a fkin bore .Anyone think Cal has what it takes to beat Rossi , rider to rider?

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Keep your pants on Carlos

Even myself the original Marquez fan on this forum am not getting too carried away with his pre season speed. There seems to be a reoccurring theme with you jumping in the deep end with your calls regarding the latest "hard core" racer to arrive on the scene with simoncelli being the most pressing example, lets face it simoncelli was not even competitive at the Moto1 level, the amount of myth making on this forum surrounding his future greatness beggars belief. Calm it down a bit carlos no doubt marquez will win races this year but the Lorenzo/Yamaha combination continues to be the most complete in the paddock and should comfortably take the title in 2013.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

For me it was Stoner, Richard 1967..must be an Aussie thing,

Now hold on a second you simple Orange Fks..Nobody in Yellow is making excuses or running away. Rossi is going up against the reigning WC on the same bike.There is nowhere to hide softlads, and that's just the way proper blokes with big cajonas like it.

2009 was his last decent run at a title due to circumstances and Rossi, just like the rest of us, wants to find out if he's still got the craft to magic up something special. We're under no illusions, he's got an uphill battle..but for the first time in a fkin decade or more, he's an underdog and you just know how the man loves a battle don't you?

Does anyone think he's gonna do an impersonation of a wet lettuce like Spies? 

If he wrecks his chances by crashing on the last corner racing Jorge when he could have settled for 20pts and let's it affect him so badly, he goes dirt-tracking the next race with steam coming out his ears and starts ramming into other riders..you can have a giggle.

If he starts whining about tyres, weight disadvantage and armpump, blaming his crew and Yamaha for not working hard enough while sitting lazily in the pits himslf, then rejects a new bike built for him that his team mate takes on a winning run..fairplay, you can shake your heads. 

If he announces he's had enough, quits in a hailstorm of invective and confused rhetoric then trudges off to race in the Italian rally championship stating that he wants to spend more time at home wiping up gooey yellow shit..you'll have license to point the finger and say he's a miserable spineless git.

But until then..do us a favour and STFU with your puerile conjecture that paints you as soppy fanboi missing their hero.

Man up and move on dickheads, it's getting painful to watch.. 

Reply to this Topic
Netpix

Feb 13

Netpix says:

Maybe

this could be an oportunity for Dovi to get Ducati to work

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

"the Lorenzo/Yamaha combination continues to be the most complete in the paddock and should comfortably take the title in 2013"

Honda won 12 races last year and Yamaha won 6. After the mid-season upgrade  Honda won 8 of the last 9 and Lorenzo had no answer and had to settle for 2nds. The Honda is still the best bike out there. Personally I  think we will be seeing a lot of Honda 1-2s this year.

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

CH987

Jorge started managing the gap as soon as casey dropped it at Indy, Pedrosa was never a championship factor as far as Stoner/Lorenzo were concerned.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

rossi

courageously returns to the bike which won the last championship, and 6 of the last 9 wosi?

I think he has a good shot at the 2013 championship, and was sensible to go back to a bike which gives him such a shot. The rest of what you said more than matches any bias exhibited by your opponents.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

The real story..

Stoner was behind his team mate, as he base jumped from his RCV early in QP at Indy..he was 3rd in the standings at the time.

Dani was a massive factor in Stoners championship. He'd never been beaten by a team mate before, although Hayden led him for a long time in 2010. He crashed a lot that seaon too..PRESSURE.

Sachsenring, where he crashed out of a safe 2nd going for the win, was dumb & typical Stoner. No thought for the championship..a safe 20 pts would have seen him leave the German track heading Jorge and Dani in the standings.

Germany was bad but the very next race at Mugello, his head still a shed and stuck firmly up his arse, was even worse. Nakamoto said he was throwing tantrums and couln't concentrate on getting his set up done. It showed as he visited the gravel again..this time managing to stay upright and rejoin the race in 10th. He was fuming..and set about making up lost ground, dangerously T-boning Bautista out of his way making 8th by the flag.

Throwing away over 40pts to Jorge and Dani in those vital mid season rounds meant he would now have to win virtually all the remaining races to retire in a blaze of glory having retained his title..PRESSURE.

As we know..he couldn't manage the task. The 2012 season was a massive disappointment and a microcosm of his career. Bull-headed management of a Championship strategy had cost him again.

Beaten and GETTING BEATEN by Dani at the time of his crash in Indy.

Honda made him a new bike but he threw it back at them..Dani embraced it and almost won the title.

If only Stoner hadn't been such a Schmuk. 

Fast as fk no doubt..but weak in the head and not very good under PRESSURE.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

so what wosi

Stoner won 2 championships brilliantly. If that is all he had in him, which he may have recognised himself, so be it. Credit to the guys who could maintain such excellence for longer periods of time.

I am still waiting for your list of riders who could also have won the 2007 championship on the 2007 ducati. There is no evidence at all that rossi could have done so. Hailwood in his prime doubtless could have, but he would have been rather old by 2007.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices