Skip to content

Discuss This Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism' MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism'

Valentino Rossi has revealed more about his fractious relationship with Ducati in MCN's exclusive new interview (out on Wednesday). The 34-year-old's comments throw new light on the team's inability to make progress back up the grid – a problem he says stems from their inability to trust its riders when they point out a problem with the bike. He says in the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 March 2013 14:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

ElDiablo...

"...that same bike declined over the years finishing 4th and 4th..."

... & 7th... "It is also very funny how people forget..." that 7th... :smile

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

eldiablo

Agree 100% mate...nice post. I also think rossi is too experienced to risk season ending injury in pre-season. When the lights go out for real, he will make even marquez's wild abandon look conservatitive. And i pity the fool who bets on anyone but rossi for this years mugello win!

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

funny

how people complain about bias then give their own opinion as fact.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

There is a mis-comprehension about Rossi's role as a  rider.  Rossi is a rider not an engineer he doesn't go to Ducati and request a new frame or swinging arm or any other parts. What a rider does is tell the engineer what the bike 'feels' like under racing conditions - the engineer (Brugess) then interprets that info into what mechanical changes are needed to fix that problem - he then requests parts or changes from Ducati.  Ducati produce what is requested (by the engineer) and the rider goes out to test the new parts and gives his feedback on whether the bike feels better or worse. 

Comprehension Bob needs an open mind something which you and your little bum sniffing lapdog Prince of Repsol don't have.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

"cutting each others points"

I really wonder about the people who make this argument, do you have any grasp of arithmetic at all? If you took Stoner out of the 2012 championship, Pedrosa's relative points difference to Lorenzo ends up about 5 better. Whoop-di-do. And ... the championship standings at the end of the season only have two positions. "First" and "not first". The only people who care about 4th or 8th and think this constitutes some sort of performance measure are people who can't form their own opinions. They probably think Ducati hired Dovi over Cal because he was doing better in the championship standings.

Reply to this Topic
stompmyduke

Mar 08

stompmyduke says:

Old Tales

There is nothing new about riders' views of Ducatiand vice versa. Remember Rossi avoiding the eyties for his 2004 mount? This was because Capirex told him that Ducati never listened to riders, and it would be many years before the Duke improved. Unfortunately, Ducati test riders test in Europe, while Jap companies test mainly in Japan. Consequently, Duke have more (misplaced) faith in their testers, whereas Big H and Yam realise that features based on test results may need to be modified for the European circuits. What is noticeable is that the Japs are now sending testers to Europe, so expect more friction in the Rising Sun camps.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

no-one

seriously doubts valentino's greatness el diablo. Being a fan of his does not necessarily make you correct about everything else though, either concerning the universe  in general or motogp in particular, as seems to be a belief common to you and others.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Same thing could be said

of many admirers of the gap toothed angler, particularly aquarius...oops sorry I meant bobbutterybutthole

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Nor does not being a fan.... Just about everyone knows the script with ducati. Just a handful of anti rossi 'fans'? going against their own better judgement to stroke their egos.. An odd approach to a sport you supposedly love but there's nowt stranger than folk..

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

absolutely true hugelean

and rather my point. I have absolutely no problem in acknowledging that what I post is mostly my opinion, rather than the obvious/revealed truth.

It is my opinion, and my opinion only, that while you can't blame valentino for his results at ducati you can't blame ducati totally either.   Beating yamaha and honda when you are a small basically artisanal operation is not exactly easy, particularly with no rules stability. It is simply impossible for such an operation to design a new engine in a few months, for a start. They only entered in the first place when the formula changed to be somewhat compatible with their existing engine technology.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices