Skip to content

Discuss This Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism' MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism'

Valentino Rossi has revealed more about his fractious relationship with Ducati in MCN's exclusive new interview (out on Wednesday). The 34-year-old's comments throw new light on the team's inability to make progress back up the grid – a problem he says stems from their inability to trust its riders when they point out a problem with the bike. He says in the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 March 2013 14:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

ElD...

" i did not forgot about Rossi's spell, it's called lack on R&D... from the factory not the rider as Saturn explained very well."

Fair enough but you did (conveniently) forget to mention it.

"Of course some of the experts in this forum know better about VR development skills..."

Indeed... Furusawa said that in early 2004 after Rossi's 1st race on the bike & just over 2 months after he swung a leg over it, & has said much since... how things have changed.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Looking forward

To this new season! Only a fool would think Rossi list his talent the moment he joined Ducati. He is back now on a decent bike. Looks like he will be challenging for the podium which is great IMO. Wether he will be able to battle for that top spot remains a mystery... With Marquez there too I think Rossi will have his hands full getting onto the bottom step. I'd love to see Rossi wipe the floor with the lot of them, roll on race 1!

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

ElD...

"FACT 1: Rossi is the GOAT, he has 9 WC, second in all time overall wins standings with 105 race wins (behind Giacomo Agostini with 122 and bothering to explain more would mean talking to a wall... (Remember Laguna vs CS, Catalunya vs JL?) "

So your 1st fact states he's the greatest of all time then supports that with statistics proving he isn't...

:blink:

... & if we're cherry picking races I'll go for the Elias finish on Rossi in Turkey, 2007 ("This is not a correct way to race") proving that any racer can have their day... be it Elias or Rossi... good or bad. 1 or 2 cherry picked races do not make a goat.

Reply to this Topic
IcantRIDEaBIKE

Aug 09

What sort of shirt front says this...

"Even myself the original Marquez fan on this forum" Haha, what a wet lettuce you are Prince! Back to topic; Rossi has been asked a Q and given an A! we would all do the same. I don't think anyone should right him off by the way, if he's about on the pace he will out craft, out muscle and out balls anyone in a head to head 8 times out of 10! guaranteed, the man is has got bollocks the size of melons!

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Hedgy

you're picking mate - you know exactly what ElD  means.  

Re: your previous post -''how things have changed''  I don't believe things have changed - Rossi's input on the bike is as valid as it ever was. What is different is that before he had the might of the major Japanese factories on the case. Up till now Ducati because of their small size and 'family business' type approach have not been able to match the resources - financial and technical - of the Japanese giants. Whereby Ducati havn't been able to match the expertise of Honda and Yamaha in like for like terms.    Hopefully now that Audi/Gobmeier have a handle on it things will change - what we've seen so far tho' doesn't inspire confidence.

Reply to this Topic
willc955

Jun 12

willc955 says:

Ducati Davidson

Ducati is too much like Harley...too worried about brand image, not worried enough about engineering.  I can't help but remember Stoner describing the techs attaching the fairing before a race.  Ducati garage--get the rubber mallet and bash it into place, crooked seams and all.  Honda garage--click, click, click, perfect.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Saturn...

"I don't believe things have changed - Rossi's input on the bike is as valid as it ever was."

Exactly... it's peoples' perception that has. Less than 2 months after slinging a leg over the M1 he was widely credited with the development skills that turned Yamaha's fortunes around (despite beating his own lap record on the 1st day of his 1st test on it). 2 years after slinging a leg over the Ducati the same people are trying to distance Rossi's development skills as far from the Duke as possible. I'm not going to argue here that either is right... just how things have changed.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

Who is the most charismatic rider of all times?

If charisma and popularity is your thing, I'd hazard a guess that Justin Bieber would today be voted the most charismatic rider of all time. He has more fans than Rossi and apparently owns an MV Agusta.

[Edit: check it out! - he even does the same stand up in the seat thing. F**k me that is charismatic]

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

Comments on here

Some of them are laughable.

The facts are, Ducati didn't listen to Rossi's advice. Rossi left because because of this and he wanted a decent chance of winning a race before he retires. You simply can't polish a turd. Ducati need to start again.

I hope they do find a solution to their problems because it will make closer racing.

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

If charisma and popularity is your thing, I'd hazard a guess that Justin Bieber would today be voted the most charismatic rider of all time. He has more fans than Rossi and apparently owns an MV Agusta

He would turn up to a race just as they were handing out trophies on the podium though ;-)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices