Skip to content

Discuss This Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism' MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Rossi: 'Ducati can't deal with criticism'

Valentino Rossi has revealed more about his fractious relationship with Ducati in MCN's exclusive new interview (out on Wednesday). The 34-year-old's comments throw new light on the team's inability to make progress back up the grid – a problem he says stems from their inability to trust its riders when they point out a problem with the bike. He says in the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 March 2013 14:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Pffft..

DF: Stoner succumbed to pressure on a very good bike in 2008 comparative to the opposition and continued to do so, right the way through 2010, by which time it was a shit bike becuase of his confused feedback.

Rossi would have spanked his arse on the GP7..Stoner squeaked into the top Ten 2006 with 119pts, on the best GP bike ever built. He won the title next year with a package that caught the Japs snoozing, with a gap to 2nd amounting to more points than he scored all year on the RCV previously. He never came close to repeating that dominance on the Ducati again.

Now..even a misty-eyed fanboy like yourself should be able to equate that to a massive bike advantage.

Boghog: You VW bonnet..This is a motorcycle racing forum not fkin Countdown..why don't you try talking about motorbikes and racing like the piss-taking Nostro suggests?

Nostro: Stoner was fast when it went his way but came apart like one of Kocinski's cheap watches when the chips were down. He couldn't sustain it. Over half of his wins in just 2 of the 7 seasons he rode says it all. The championship is not "a bonus that comes at the end of a season", like Casey reckons, and he got beat more often than not in the race that matters by all his main rivals.

Rossi's celebrity gets you spitting..The same as it did "My head's a shed, get me out of here and back to the farm" simpleton Stoner.

weskit: I think you'll find it was Casey. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Doohanfan

Can't make up my mind if you're in OZ or in Europe ?  

Talking about clear and consistent racing - the whole formula since the demise of the 500 two stroke era has been somewhat chaotic - 990's to 800's to 1000's what next ?  - No wonder Suzuki and Kawasaki had financial difficulties trying to design brand new bikes every couple of years even worse for a small company like Ducati.

I think you mentioned in an earlier post that the 500 era had not created the negativity and animosity the the 4 stroke era has created - i.e. Rossi v. Stoner.  I can think of a rider who didn't get much positive support and that was one John Kocinski.    Thinking further back I seem to remember one Randy Mamola was also regarded as an arrogant brat when he first arrived on the scene.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

definitely australian

saturn, and inclined towards australian riders when there are competitive ones, and garry mccoy even though he wasn't really competitive, but I have also followed the sport fairly dispassionately at other times, and greatly admired lawson, rainey and schwantz.  Sheene as a racer anyway was unfortunately before my time, and I only saw spencer past his prime, but they still spoke of him in his pomp in hushed tones when they first started broadcasting gp bike racing in Australia, which was about 1986.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

yes wosi

Oddly tony elias who finished 9th in the championship in 2006 also on the best bike ever built was better than valentino on the one occasion his bike had sns michelins, and marco melandri who won 5 races and in one year finished 2nd in the championship on the best bike ever built couldn't get within 2 seconds of stoner on the 2008 ducati.

I actually agree that rossi is the GOAT on a whole career basis so I won't be drawn into bashing him; however  even you amidst your tawdry  sophistry must realise how ludicrous it is for a rossi fan to complain about other riders, and particularly a ducati rider, having bike advantages, not something I am sufficiently hypocritical to raise in regard to mick doohan even when engaging in a little casual sophistry myself.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

actually Nicky did once mention Stoner at Ducati

I think it was something along the lines of "everyone around here loves Casey". No-one is disputing that Rossi is more popular with the teeny-boppers Wosi, but it appears he isn't with at least two factory teams.

I seem to remember Sylvain Guintoli at a Cadwell trackday before the 2009 BSB season. He was asked something along the lines of who would win a race between Stoner and Rossi on the same bike. "Stoner would beat him easily" was the answer.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Saturn...

Wosi - "Boghog: You VW bonnet..This is a motorcycle racing forum not fkin Countdown..why don't you try talking about motorbikes and racing like the piss-taking Nostro suggests"

I think he means you... :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

weskit u buffoon

Not what Guintoli said at all.

Rossi 9 WC
Stoner 2 wc

Same bike same age Rossi would hammer Stoner.

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

Wosi, CS had the best bike in '06?

He was on the most basic of GP bikes with very little 'factory parts and support and was reported to be the least factory supported bike in the paddock. As for VR spanking his arse in '07 on the Desmo, we will never know and have to just go on facts that one else has come close to his riding record (including numerous World Champions). Stoners tyres played a part in that year but so did Rossi's Michelins in a few years of his success. If it had been a single tyre rule through out the 4 stroke years, maybe he wouldn't have been as 'lucky'?

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

this is getting rather amusing wosi

If you eliminate the seasons when valentino won 9 or more races, he "only" had 19 wins in 7 premier class seasons, and 13 in 6 seasons if you omit his championship seasons.

Why on earth would anyone omit those seasons though? The same applies to stoner.

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Oh

Dear. You all should read what you are putting. It's like listening to a bunch of football supporters argue over whose team is better than the other one! Getting a little tedious know don’t you think and it's all been said on here before by the same people

At the end of the day lets just hope that the racing up the sharp end is a lot closer and there are more battles than last year

Come the 1st race they all start off with zero points. Lets see who has the most come the last race!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices